AP Tackleworks spoons

Have a look at West Coast Fishing Tackle’s spoons. Lots of options with styles and colors and far better quality than the mass produced spoons of the big boys. Another local guy worth supporting who is making a go at being a player in the tackle game.
I will definitely check them out! Thanks

Heavy spoons need a faster speed I find. I'm a slow roller so I like the cheap garbage tin chinese junk ones that catch tons of fish.

I run AP sandlance at Tunstall in the winter only.
Thanks for the heads up on the speed. I usually troll with my riggers at 45ish degrees angle, 2.2-2.3 kts

3" Army truck herring worked for me. I was trolling fast, no flasher...over a dummy. Not sure how effective relative to others, as the coho fiahing was out of sight! But what really impressed me was being able to grab the spoon and pull a fish aboard. I had a couple of yard sales trying to get the net out when fishing solo. So i ended up just grabbing the leader and spoon. The spoons are durable and dod not bend. Hooks are good. Colours are plentiful.

Yes Very good lures and last forever. I like the Sandlance patterns in MVP and Chartreuse Green, green and grape. Going to be getting me some Herring sized spoons 3" -7" Patterns very soon.

I do run the 5" herring lemon lime sans flasher Sept 1st onward around the middle arm, with great success. My anchovy roll expert buddy thinks the solo action is excellent. AP says to tie directly to the split ring, no other terminal tackle.
Now I am listening

leader or direct to mainline? Light or heavy leader?

Now I am listening

leader or direct to mainline? Light or heavy leader?
Tie to a leader right to the factory provided splint ring. AP says tie to the double part of the split ring, let the single part fall into the punched hole. I had either 60 or 72” which allowed it to act different than a short leader. Maxima 30 lb test. No flasher. I’m a cable angle guy versus miles per hour, so I already had one side down and I adjusted the speed to where I saw the spoon move the best, then I used the cable angle on the other side as my baseline.

Just checked my notes with Andrew from AP and he said that the suggestions are more for the smaller spoons that are more affected by a little bit of extra weight. The larger spoons might not be affected as much.

I've caught my biggest chinooks on AP spoons. My best coho spoon is also an AP spoon - 3 inch anchovy in lemon lime... coho LOVE this spoon. Andrew was even nice enough to make me a short notice order when I lost mine mid coho season last year and let me pick up at his door.

Last week my best chinook was on a large AP spoon.

Back