Any reason NOT to use a bow mount ????

Well I just got back from the coast and I used my bow mount to halibut fish ..... it worked very well even in 10knt winds. I will defiantly be doing it again on all of my future trips. Withing 10 seconds of pulling up on the spot your anchored you can shift positions easily and when you want to pack up its 15 seconds and your gone.

A few of the guide boats looked at me funny initially but when they saw how well it worked they got it and I had a few questions back at the docks.

I run a 70lb bow mount on my Bass Tracker but I would be nervous about using it in salt water... Them units aint cheep! Not sure who mentioned it but Minn Kota makes a Riptide version I think for a reason.

I run a 70lb bow mount on my Bass Tracker but I would be nervous about using it in salt water... Them units aint cheep! Not sure who mentioned it but Minn Kota makes a Riptide version I think for a reason.

Reading about it the regular ones do just fine for longevity, lots of guys use them in salt. The way it worked if it died tomorrow I’d be happy to replace it with the riptide but not sure I’ll need to.

I’ve been home and used it in fresh water with 4 days of being home and would assume any salt water would now be displaced or diluted.... plus if it has fresh water sitting inside the motor it’s still going to rust.

Reading about it the regular ones do just fine for longevity, lots of guys use them in salt. The way it worked if it died tomorrow I’d be happy to replace it with the riptide but not sure I’ll need to.

I’ve been home and used it in fresh water with 4 days of being home and would assume any salt water would now be displaced or diluted.... plus if it has fresh water sitting inside the motor it’s still going to rust.

Right on I did a little reading into this as well and it looks like they do ok. Love the bow mount motors after you get one you'll never go back to a tiller.
One thing I know for sure these days is the MinnKota V2 motors have an upgraded foot controller that doesn't use those plastic slides for steering. I've had nothing with problems with the old controllers and was replacing one almost every year.

Right on I did a little reading into this as well and it looks like they do ok. Love the bow mount motors after you get one you'll never go back to a tiller.
One thing I know for sure these days is the MinnKota V2 motors have an upgraded foot controller that doesn't use those plastic slides for steering. I've had nothing with problems with the old controllers and was replacing one almost every year.

Im a walleye guy and fish from the back of the boat so i haven't plugged the controller in I just use the remote, love the way it works.

Im a walleye guy and fish from the back of the boat so i haven't plugged the controller in I just use the remote, love the way it works.

I had MinnKotan rep trying to switch me over to a co-pilot system, I just cant bring myself to switch as I have to be hands free up front. That spot lock function sure would be nice though. lol

I had MinnKotan rep trying to switch me over to a co-pilot system, I just cant bring myself to switch as I have to be hands free up front. That spot lock function sure would be nice though. lol
You can get a foot pedal as well as remote and gps unit control .. :)

Apparently on the V2 model like mine I can only have one or the other hooked up at the same time. The newer models might be able to do both... I seen the price tag and the next model up and figured I'd just replace my peddle again. lol

Back