Any news from Nootka?

F

fortecimo

Any recent news from Nootka, anyone? Is fishing picking up there? Please let me know. I am planning to go up from 20th. Thanks.

Just got back from Critter Cove on Wednesday and it was so bloody hot up there and the fishing was good not great, as long as you know where to go and put in yor time you'll get your fish. We fished mostly Maquinna Pt in the AM and up the wall right outside of Critter Cove up to the Hisnit inlet in the PM. We fished for 2 1/2 days and landed our twelve springs we could keep 11,11,12,18,19,19,19,23,23,23,24,24lbs and we also released approx 40 coho not to mention dozens more hits from coho. Great to see and we let them all go to help rebuild the stock. We had enough meat. Probably lost another 6 springs, had 2 snap us off and we also saw 4 tyees to 35lbs caught. Has all the makings of a great summer to come and hopefully some big fish! Good luck!

SWC

fortecimo, got to westviewmarina.com and click on the catch of the day statics page it is down on the right. they are recording some good numbers. We are headed there on the 21st. this is the first time we have fished there and are excited to be going. good luck I am sure will see you on the water.

Just got back from Nootka - fishing was great. limited out easily. Released 50 - 60 fish. Biggest Spring was 25 lbs. and some at 18, 19, 20, 22. Coho all over the place. Weather was too hot until Thursday. Fished the Lighthouse, Maquinna, Beano, Bajo, and Tahsis Inlet. FIsh at all of above. Got some nice ones at Princessa Channel. The highway wad relatively calm all week. Have fun!

Just got back from Nootka - fishing was great. limited out easily. Released 50 - 60 fish. Biggest Spring was 25 lbs. and some at 18, 19, 20, 22. Coho all over the place. Weather was too hot until Thursday. Fished the Lighthouse, Maquinna, Beano, Bajo, and Tahsis Inlet. FIsh at all of above. Got some nice ones at Princessa Channel. The highway wad relatively calm all week. Have fun!

I'd love to hear the news as well. Heading up there on 27th for a week. I can't take the suspense anymore. My first time up, anyone know how busy Cougar Creek get's? Hoped to stay there, but figured it might be a zoo at that time. Any thoughts. Where is the hiway that I've seen mentioned on here alot?

We fished last Friday and Saturday out of Esperanza. Not a ton of fish yet but we did okay. Biggest spring was 35, then a 32, a couple in the 20's and some smaller. Lots of coho. Limited on hali on Saturday. Nice flat water. Heading back on the 2nd for 4 days. Should get better as the summer goes on.

Thanks for info guys. Looking forward to it. Anyone else going to be around cougar creek 27th-3rd? What channel do most run on up there?

Thank you, everyone. I am heading up there tomorrow. Weather does not look good this week. Hope that fishing is hot!

I'll be up there Aug 1st to 5th, Staying at Cougar Creek.
Have a Campion 602. 1st time there but going with my cousin who's an expert. He is going up this week so will try and post a report from him on Monday or so. Really looking forward to going there. Hear lots of good stories about the area. I understand that Aug 1st is usually a peak time for Chinook too. See you up there!
Sir Reel

i leave on early saturday the 21st and will try to post pics or messages from tahsis.. can't wait.

Bump.. Heading up first thing Sunday. Hoping to hear some reports, are the fish coming in with the rain we have had? Thanks in advance.

Mike

We'll be heading there Wed.25th returning the 30th will post reports and pics when we get back.Haven't heard anything about the fishing for a while come on guys! Guess everyone's out nailing 'em.

Just got home from Nootka, unless you want to go out to the lighthouse, there are just a couple of blackboots sitting at Cougar Creek. Hearing stories of 3 fish taken over a 4 day period scared me. Put in 10 hours, caught 4 small chinook, and 1 lingcod. Many large fish caught on the outside near lighthouse. Give it another week or so.

Fishassassin did you hear any news about Maquinna or Beano Crk area? Also looks like they are bringing in some nice fish off Rosa and Ferrier Pt.

To all those that are going to be staying at couger creek from july 27 to aug 4 look me up. Our boat is a 21'welded aluminum with the name on it PERMANENTLY HOOKED . Highflyn

Sounds Good SWC. I'll be there around that exact time. i've got a grey 20' welded aluminum. First time there, so I'll need all the help I can get. Hopefully the fish start rollin in.

Back