any info on renfrew????

S

scottyboy

any up 2 date info on renfrew ????camper. logan ???thinking of going 4 a few days as i`ve finaly taken this week off :Dwanna get my little girls into some good action so they wont get 2 board lol. tight lines scotty

friend just got back from a charter, they cought 11 halibut, 3 sharks, 2 lingcod, and a couple cod..not one salmon..this was at swiftsure i think but i guess they wouldve gotten there cod in shore and tried for salmon if they hadnt cought any

My in-laws have been hitting Renfrew hard for the last few weeks (usually 4 days out of 7) and have not been doing too well. They had a pretty good day on Friday with 3 good size springs, but I haven't heard anything from them since, which usually means nothing exciting to report.

They've been fishing the area for several years now, and this is the worst August they've had. Last year it was getting almost monotonous hearing the daily "fishing report" from them! They are staying with one of the charter guys, and it sounds like even the pros are having to work really hard to get anything.

I hope it gets better soon, my wife and I are towing our boat up there on Friday for 4 or 5 days, and I hate the thought of going all that way when it sounds like it would make more sense to stop in Sooke. Oh, well, the scenery up there is so amazing, it usually makes up for the fishing when it's not so good...and when it's hot, it's our favourite place to be.

My in-laws have been hitting Renfrew hard for the last few weeks (usually 4 days out of 7) and have not been doing too well. They had a pretty good day on Friday with 3 good size springs, but I haven't heard anything from them since, which usually means nothing exciting to report.

They've been fishing the area for several years now, and this is the worst August they've had. Last year it was getting almost monotonous hearing the daily "fishing report" from them! They are staying with one of the charter guys, and it sounds like even the pros are having to work really hard to get anything.

I hope it gets better soon, my wife and I are towing our boat up there on Friday for 4 or 5 days, and I hate the thought of going all that way when it sounds like it would make more sense to stop in Sooke. Oh, well, the scenery up there is so amazing, it usually makes up for the fishing when it's not so good...and when it's hot, it's our favourite place to be.

Just got back. Fished Sun/Mon and like the last post its either hot or its not depending on whether your in the right place at the right time. We ended up with 4 springs and 1 sockeye and lost 4 more but most of the action came in a 1 hour time frame and if you were not in that location at that exact time it could have been a whole different story. Not the Renfrew of previous years!

Fished P.R. the last 4 days:

Lots of chickens on the banks when the weather permits (didn't yesterday with the winds and heavy fog) but the Springs are spotty.

3 feeder springs and 3 decent (to 24lbs) yesterday, plus one sockeye. Two of keepers came on a double header out at Logan while fishing around 130' of water at 60'-65'. This wasn't until 11 am when everyone was proclaiming the bite off. We only caught the shakers in the morning when most others were picking off a couple fish. Afternoon bite at East point brought the one sockeye in, quite close at 20' of depth and the last Spring at about 2PM when we headed for deeper water off the point and brought the gear up to 22'.

I think your better off to pick a spot and work it instead of blowing a wad on fuel and chasing the CB reports.

Back