Anti-foul question

Jencourt

So as mentioned in another thread I have the boat in the water for the season now. The hull is painted with anti-foul paint. My question is this.
Is there a product that one can apply to transducer, and outboard scag/lower leg to detour the green stuff . Because of my steering hoses I am unable to get the leg all the way out of the water.. Boat has been in for a couple weeks now and has only moved twice. I already have a covered transducer and the leg is catching up fast.

hey Ray

What did you end up using for anti-fouling paint? I'm about ready to put mine in the water for the rest of eternity. Convenience is nice, but I'm not thrilled about the down-side of offering a snowy white growth medium ---the guy who owned it before me left it in the water and it took me hours getting all the barnacles off both the skeg and the bottom!

Not really, Ray. You will need to srub that junk off with a long handled brush and use your boat more!!

There is a product in a spray can that you can put on your transducer. I think Paynes or western carry it, so and marine store on island will be able to get it. You can bottom paint your drive, just make sure it is with something alum compatible. With all the water base bottom paint coming on the market they might even have the spray stuff able to come up from states.

Sharphooks you want to do 5 coats of interpertect 2000 and then 2 coats of micron csc. The interpertect is an epoxy primer to seal your hull and it is imperative for moored boats. Do it right do it it once.

hey Mike

Thanks for that---much appreciated!

BTW, killer thread on your Grady project--you and your bro' have skills alot of us wish we had!

Sharphooks you want to do 5 coats of interpertect 2000 and then 2 coats of micron csc. The interpertect is an epoxy primer to seal your hull and it is imperative for moored boats. Do it right do it it once.
X2,mikep. This is pretty much exactly what I did to my boat last year,except I did only 3 coats of Interprotect 2000.
So far no issues at all. Like you said,do it once,do it right!

Back