Anti Canadian?

the skeleton was the symbol of the very popular brand Powell Peralta... Don't think it is meant to be offensive and perhaps you were talking to Kevin Harris himself.

I bet you he was talking to him.. Honestly who would have the tattoo and the graphic on truck.. LOL Its a possibility he used to live in Van... he would be old now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you he was talking to him.. Honestly who would have the tattoo and the graphic on truck.. LOL Its a possibility he used to live in Van... he would be old now...

Kevin is co-owner of Ultimate Skateboard Distribution in Richmond. When I used to deal with them for skate orders, he was around then. I'm pretty sure he doesn't live on the island.

And the air brush work on the truck isn't the best recreation of his graphic imo. Probably a supporter or something like that.

This truck is decaled just a bit different on each side. The second side he said was a zombie.

The eyes are a different color, so is the hat and the beaver has a different face.

Yup i bet your right, small world..n really who wouldn't want to live on the Island. Great post Dave S, Thanks for sharing ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think when you wake up and take a breath of air it might be offensive to some. I personally wake up and don't care. Don't like it don't look at it.

Yup i bet your right, small world..n really who wouldn't want to live on the Island. Great post Dave S, Thanks for sharing ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I am heading off topic a bit.....LOL. This is directed at more at Jeff...

Jeff Great post.. Yah I like reading that on what has happened to all of the guys we all used to board with. Suprising a lot of them kept with it.

Skateboarding is expressive and I was young we loved the fact that society hated the graphics etc.. It was kind of something most didn't understand unless you came from group. That very same graphic above "Bones Brigade" I posted got me suspended as they wouldn't let me wear it as they said it look to much like german WW2 memorabilia.. But it was Ok in langford ( Oh I am sorry Westshore) to where iron maiden backpatches...Go figure.

So I am not surprised when people see a graphic like what was posted they can't understand whey someone would like that.. I laughed when I met Colin McKay he was kid... I found some footage of Richmond its down the page on this site http://brokenbonessk8.blogspot.ca/2011/07/richmond-skate-ranch.html

My (80'-90's) generation of skateboarding really put the parks on the island to stay, and were responsible for the push in skateboarding as it is today along with the guys like Jeff said made a life of it.

Most of us moved on...But once in a while we get on a board again....

It makes me happy when I see even in Sooke/Duncan etc of all places has a skate park. I helped with others putting in skateparks in south island langford, oak bay, esquimalt all in late 80's to see them close.. If you remember how bad Nanaimo was Jeff. You couldn't go near that town with a skateboard.... There were no places to go and you were considered an outcast/rebel group. Victoria is actually talking about finally getting rid of ban on skateboards... It is about time IMO.

I don't think its bad to not like something each to there own. If I wasn't a skateboarder I could see how you could take that...

fully canadian - dont bother me at all.

what would bother me more is a guy creeping and lurking in my driveway taking closeup shots of my vehicles and the graphics on em...

fully canadian - dont bother me at all.

what would bother me more is a guy creeping and lurking in my driveway taking closeup shots of my vehicles and the graphics on em...

I stopped while he was home and asked if I could take a picture. That's not creeping or lurking.

Secondly I think any person who has any respect for the RCMP and the Red Serge could take offence to it being used in advertising with a skeleton.

The painting it's self is well done, but in my opinion it's very disrespectful to Canada.

Its not that I dislike skateboarding or skeletons, or clowns for that matter. It's the use of the Red Serge that upsets me.

Totally agree FA, I like all the above just not the combination... Don't flame us guys or spout off anti RCMP rhetoric. I have many issues with The Queen's Cowboys and my bride has worked at RCMP HQ for 30 years.
But, some things just don't sit well with some Canadians...

Back