And so it begins....

I know one thing for sure.. my wallet would be REEEEELY SLIM after a build like this. Nice colour choice, Sir.

Haha......It's definitely put my wallet on a bit of a diet! The good news is I'm flying to Vegas on Tuesday and plan on winning the cost of the boat back at the Crap's Table...:cool:

Well it seems to be feast or famine for me lately with the boat updates. Nothing for a few weeks then 3 updates in 3 days! Not that I'm complaining. I wish they were everyday...although they might close down the thread if that happened? ;) As I mentioned earlier he was putting in the cockpit trays on both sides. He ended up making them 7' long as he felt they were a bit in the way going to far forward. I have to admit I'm really liking the dance floor space. Anyways.....one more thing done.

Attachments

• pic179.jpg
    pic179.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 284
  • pic176.jpg
    pic176.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 272
  • pic177.jpg
    pic177.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 263
  • pic178.jpg
    pic178.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 270
It's been awhile but got some update pictures today. Lots of work has been done doing the finishing welding. He has also prepped for paint in the interior and Kiwi Grip on the floors. I'm going with Vinyl Wrap on the cabin exterior but haven't finalized the color yet. I think he did a great job on the welds and told be that he always takes his time on the rub rail since it's the first one everyone see's and comments on...lol
Beautify build buddy, its inspiring me! What are the plans for the fish box on the transom? Is there a water supply to it or purely ice box? What did they do to insulate it? I love the design...

Beautify build buddy, its inspiring me! What are the plans for the fish box on the transom? Is there a water supply to it or purely ice box? What did they do to insulate it? I love the design...

Thanks Wolf....I'm glad you decided to go with a build as well. It's a bit of a process but a lot of fun. This boat is obviously going to be different than the one you are building but that's another great thing about building one. The transom fish box drains overboard and does have a thin insulation lining between the inner and outer wall. So yeah....more of an ice box style. There is a wash down pump installed and the pickup for it is actually a thru hull at the back of the boat in the pod itself. So no.....there isn't water tied directly to it. I had a live well on my last boat and didn't use it once and just put fish in it and used my was down system to clean it out. I had originally wanted an in floor fish box as well but it was going to be a major mod for him because of the way he build his floor structure. I also wasn't a fan of a box below the water line on a self bailing sealed deck and a macerator pump to have to replace from time to time. He had a few clients demand the deck mods at a higher cost of course only to have them complain about increased water noise because of the void without insulation and that they always had water in them. Depending on the boat it may be less of an issue but for this size of boat there were more cons than pros for the added cost. Any water hitting this deck goes out the 4" scupper channels in each corner of the deck. Also I'm glad you like the fish box....lol However I'm not going to lie it turned out higher than I had thought it would be. It's not like it's crazy high and is VERY practical but I'm hoping it grows on me...lol Again and I know I have said it before this is pretty much a hard core day/overnight fishing machine....or at least I think so? We are lucky to have a cabin on the coast so staying on the boat for longer than a night or two wasn't a consideration for this build. Although I can totally appreciate having all the amenities on larger fishing boats.

Thanks Wolf....I'm glad you decided to go with a build as well. It's a bit of a process but a lot of fun. This boat is obviously going to be different than the one you are building but that's another great thing about building one. The transom fish box drains overboard and does have a thin insulation lining between the inner and outer wall. So yeah....more of an ice box style. There is a wash down pump installed and the pickup for it is actually a thru hull at the back of the boat in the pod itself. So no.....there isn't water tied directly to it. I had a live well on my last boat and didn't use it once and just put fish in it and used my was down system to clean it out. I had originally wanted an in floor fish box as well but it was going to be a major mod for him because of the way he build his floor structure. I also wasn't a fan of a box below the water line on a self bailing sealed deck and a macerator pump to have to replace from time to time. He had a few clients demand the deck mods at a higher cost of course only to have them complain about increased water noise because of the void without insulation and that they always had water in them. Depending on the boat it may be less of an issue but for this size of boat there were more cons than pros for the added cost. Any water hitting this deck goes out the 4" scupper channels in each corner of the deck. Also I'm glad you like the fish box....lol However I'm not going to lie it turned out higher than I had thought it would be. It's not like it's crazy high and is VERY practical but I'm hoping it grows on me...lol Again and I know I have said it before this is pretty much a hard core day/overnight fishing machine....or at least I think so? We are lucky to have a cabin on the coast so staying on the boat for longer than a night or two wasn't a consideration for this build. Although I can totally appreciate having all the amenities on larger fishing boats.
I’m interested to see the final seating arrangement.

Are you going to be steering mostly from a station at the stern, remote control, or get me to do it while I’m not holding the net?!

I think the box looks great (very sleek), but I was thinking it’s going to obstruct the view looking back unless you have taller seats.

I’m interested to see the final seating arrangement.

Are you going to be steering mostly from a station at the stern, remote control, or get me to do it while I’m not holding the net?!

I think the box looks great (very sleek), but I was thinking it’s going to obstruct the view looking back unless you have taller seats.

The front seats will be on the S5 bases and are actually quite high. The rear seats are just box seats for storage with a back rest and are standard chair height and I think 42" long? The fish box itself is 40" from the deck and 44" long and I agree might be a bit of an issue if your sitting on the rear seats. Again.....purpose built boat and I plan on steering from the rear station while fishing. Everyone else can move if they don't like the view! lol It is taller than I wanted by about 4" and can be shortened if I really hate it. Not sure how the dimensions changed but not being close to the build there a few things that get missed. Again a good learning point for anyone else that goes down this road. As far as steering from the rear station goes I'm not planning on remote only a tie bar like my last boat. Simple and never had an issue on my last boat and I'm solo 50% of the time. As a person with an Instrumentation and Electrical background I tend to prefer a simple mechanical approach as to one I have to fix! lol You are more than welcome to multi task as a net holder and human tie bar but I'll warn you the payment is the same. ;)

Looking awesome @ReelSlim ! like many on this forum I love following along with new builds and yours looks incredible. Look forward to more pics of the build and eventually a pic of your first fish on board!

Looking awesome @ReelSlim ! like many on this forum I love following along with new builds and yours looks incredible. Look forward to more pics of the build and eventually a pic of your first fish on board!
Thanks tincan.....I enjoy all the boat mod and build threads too. Not just this one...lol. I’m looking forward to landing the first fish on the boat with the family!:)

These threads are such a great source of info for those of us considering builds. Keep up the stream of info. That is going to be one beauty of a boat.
Thanks 69...if it helps one person even with something small then it’s worth the read on all the build threads. So many things to consider and so many wants and needs from each person building a boat.

Just waiting for a few better pictures of the completed wrap. I did get these ones today as well. The interior paint looks really blue but that's just crappy lighting! lol It will be a much lighter grey that a lot of Alloy boats have as interior paint. They have installed some of the ceiling and trim now. I can also see that the side roof grab rails are welded on. The foot rests are being installed for the Helm and passenger seats and I can see the speakers mounted in the corners. They are progressing the ESPAR heater and have the bow and side decks taped off for the Kiwi Grip. Lots going on......kinda of a "Where's Waldo" for me going through the pictures when I get them looking for changes! lol

Attachments

• pic180.jpg
    pic180.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 245
  • pic181.jpg
    pic181.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 237
  • pic182.jpg
    pic182.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 242
Well if your a Sailor then it’s a wave....if your a Rebel then it isn’t....:cool:

Attachments

• 706C0A02-934D-4C62-BC1D-F4A336E285CB.jpeg
    706C0A02-934D-4C62-BC1D-F4A336E285CB.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 255
  • F43A7648-FC12-4BD3-A286-2441CE345FE3.jpeg
    F43A7648-FC12-4BD3-A286-2441CE345FE3.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 15E2B6C3-9408-49AB-866B-E5078E660656.jpeg
    15E2B6C3-9408-49AB-866B-E5078E660656.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 244
  • pic190.jpg
    pic190.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
And a few more.....can’t wait to strap some power on this thing! Finished cabin ceiling and rear deck led lights.

Attachments

• A305D7B3-1A56-4A55-A1B4-D92CAFDE817B.jpeg
    A305D7B3-1A56-4A55-A1B4-D92CAFDE817B.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 223
  • 2BA46B59-707D-4804-9602-BF3F515D934A.jpeg
    2BA46B59-707D-4804-9602-BF3F515D934A.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 6E060A4C-5659-46C2-8809-B63A9262B9CD.jpeg
    6E060A4C-5659-46C2-8809-B63A9262B9CD.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Watching and reading about this build is way way cooler than buying a finished boat off of a showroom floor.

Back