Amundson TMX4B1Blue Has Arrived

the fog ducker

Well there here ," Blue "

ive been waiting a while , ive got 6 with my name on them ,
ive heard great reviews from a few top rods out west , the prices are great ,
dont they look awesome !! pretty stoked ta get em in the rig , gonna put em to the test next week..
thx RVP , hes been bangin this out for six years now !!
cosmetics, physical size , very similar feel to the Islander MR3's ,
Pacific Net and Twine Parksville ,check em out , thx Rob , Deryk ..

also a cool vid on a few reels your all familiar with !! enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BleZOllBvg0

cheerz

fd

nice but will keep my blue mr3's
alas i have 3 tmx4's silver /black as well all in all a good islander lite copy my 2 c worth and well worth the bucks i spent on them
$200 a pop at last years boat show what are the blue one's retailing for?

slightly derailed lol
im sure there all great reels ,
but lets keep this thread on its attended topic "Amundson TMX4B1 "

PNT

Amundson TMX4B1 MSRP $349
PNT price $ 289

just ta clear the air , I have nothing to do with this product in any way shape or form ,
Rob never asked me to do this , i just feel this is a great reel . half the price of an MR3
again , very highly spoken of , from a couple well respected top guides WCVI ,pm me . i can fill ya in if ya like
an excellent option for guys that cant afford ta dish out $600
the larger knobs , a great addition !!
very worth checking out is all im sayin :)

thx

fd

I really like my TMX4... Really smooth reel & great quality for the price.

I like the new look, wondering when it was going to come out! Is there anything besides aesthetics that is different? I see it has a solid back too (like the original PNT special as well), although I am not too picky either way.

Want to get another one when/if I can find it for the same price I paid originally :)

Is there not supposedly a TMX5 in the works... As well?

Yeah there is also a new Amundson coming out with a sealed drag system, but I believe it isn't out until the spring of 2016....

http://k4u.ca/theron-an-evolution-coming-soon/

Please follow link to the TeamK4U post regarding this reel....

I also have no association with the product.

RVP had a TMX4-G (Gold Version) at the Victoria Boatshow, it looked and felt just like my MR3...... can't speak to the internals (drag etc) as I haven't had the chance to fish them.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike that wasn't a Theron at the Boat show.... that samples are not here for a couple more weeks.... :)

Thanks Derby, I had intended to specify the model, but my sentence wasn't clear.. :)

I fixed the above message to specify that it was the TMX4G (Gold version of the reel at the top of this feed) that I played with at the boat show.

My better half is an English teacher and always preaches that proper grammar saves lives...

can assure you the black/silver work just the same and really should cost no more for the anodizing
as it's only a dip process from when the frame and spool are in a bare metal state.
hopefully the spring / clicker issue has been addressed?

can assure you the black/silver work just the same and really should cost no more for the anodizing
as it's only a dip process from when the frame and spool are in a bare metal state.
hopefully the spring / clicker issue has been addressed?

yes, I am aware, they are essentially the same reel...I am glad I waited for cosmetics reasons more then anything...either way nice reels for the $$. seems the guys with hours on them are happy

from what I understand the later production model reels the spring/clicker issue is addressed, anodized or grey/black, but don't quote me on that

Not listed on the pnt site..?

Not listed on the pnt site..?

No they are not. You can phone the store and buy them. Ask for Rob. I can't believe the number of reels they have sold already......

Here is a shot of the two I just picked up this afternoon. Loaded with 30 lb. Ultragreen :).

There is all pink (for Pippen) and black with gold trim coming in around 60-90 days.

I will fish these for a couple of months and then check out the black ones in summer. There are only 2 gold ones left as of about 2:00 p.m. today. They all sold!!!! There are around 28 blue ones left as of 2:00 p.m. today.

Now I just need to wait till the end of the month for the Savvy Sumo rods to show up..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back