Amundson TMX4B1Blue Has Arrived

were putting em ta hard use here out west ,
fishin has been excellent , Marco n I love the reels , SMOOOTH ,
not sure how line creep is really defined , i have ta give a couple extra turns on the drag ta prevent line from
coming off when loaded up , i troll pretty quick , zero line creep issues , were fishin 100-160 feet down to ,
when a fish pulls the clip we immediately back of the drag , no issues
full report when we get back .....new Bam thread time is due.. , off ta wet the lines :)

fd

Thanks for the initial report :). I look forward to your report on the reels after quite a few days using them. I'm really happy so far with only one morning using them. The line creep was minimal and there was none after a couple more turns like you say. They are smooth for sure :cool:.

Can't wait to read your Bamtown report after the weekend.

Cheers,
John

New amundson meets New Kimbyote rod

Just thought I'd share what the Easter bunny brought me and to give Justin Kim (kimbyote) a little boost for the nice job he did on this custom 10'6" mooching rod he built for me. Had to go into PNT on the way home and all the chatter on the forum about the reel made have a weak moment. Haven't got the visa bill yet but!! Loaded with 50 yards of backing,300 yards of 40lb spider wire and a 60 ft top shot of 30lb maxima.
Hope to win the sfbc derby with this bad boy-I hear my Islander softly crying in the corner! LOL

Attachments

• DSC01305.jpg
    DSC01305.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 528
Just thought I'd share what the Easter bunny brought me and to give Justin Kim (kimbyote) a little boost for the nice job he did on this custom 10'6" mooching rod he built for me. Had to go into PNT on the way home and all the chatter on the forum about the reel made have a weak moment. Haven't got the visa bill yet but!! Loaded with 50 yards of backing,300 yards of 40lb spider wire and a 60 ft top shot of 30lb maxima.
Hope to win the sfbc derby with this bad boy-I hear my Islander softly crying in the corner! LOL

Thank you for sharing the picture of your pride rod and reel :)

Very sweet... i want to steal your rod and reel... I am just kidding lol.

Next timeI I will go to PNT and talk about this.

slightly derailed lol
im sure there all great reels ,
but lets keep this thread on its attended topic "Amundson TMX4B1 "

PNT

Amundson TMX4B1 MSRP $349
PNT price $ 289

just ta clear the air , I have nothing to do with this product in any way shape or form ,
Rob never asked me to do this , i just feel this is a great reel . half the price of an MR3
again , very highly spoken of , from a couple well respected top guides WCVI ,pm me . i can fill ya in if ya like
an excellent option for guys that cant afford ta dish out $600
the larger knobs , a great addition !!
very worth checking out is all im sayin :)

thx

fd
Are these still available for $289.00.....?

Got my Blue beauty today. Feels like a work of art. I'll break her in at Nootka on the 21st of July.

Thanks for your help Derby. You guys Rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you lads still liking your Amundson's. I'm thinking of buying myself one for Christmas.
I used mine all last year as my main reel-I have MR3's and trophys but used my amundson and was happy with it. I fish very deep and almost exclusively WCVI-except when FA gives me a ride to Grants reef

Great reel , the reel was put to test with sockeye fishing this year , drag is very smooth .

Cheers :)

Thanks guys, I just picked one up at PNT in Richmond.I can't say enough about the good service I was treated to.
The price was right too at $249.

Back