Aluminum Reel's..Islander, Trophy, RST etc...

I too am trying Avets for the same reason of faster retrieve and so far I think they are excellent and superb value for money. Same set-up 50lb braid and 20' 40lb mono leader.

BC tony. I se you converted your Scotty down rigger rod holders to "striker" models. Would u have a better photo of how you converted them? I'm getting concerned about losing an Islander and want a more secure rod holder. Your conversion is what I want to do as the Striker seems more secure . Thanks. You can pm me if it's easier for you.

Last edited:
BC tony. I se you converted your Scotty down rigger rod holders to "striker" models. Would u have a better photo of how you converted them? I'm getting concerned about losing an Islander and want a more secure rod holder. Your conversion is what I want to do as the Striker seems more secure to. Thanks. You can pm me if it's easier for you.

X2 pls! Nice looking setup

bit of fab work going on them riggers of Tony's
alloy plate and bracket with a scotty 241 mount and 240 striker rod holder
rather than using the boom mounting ......

alloy sits under the tilt up mounting bracket
or you possible could go 245 1-1/4 rail mount and then use the 240 striker
or 428 gear head mount which scotty quotes in the catalogue

or even 247/ 347 and use the 240's all depends how much flex you like....lol

Only Scotty has a lifetime warranty. I get my Islanders re built every winter to the tune of about $60 each

I fish frequently and find that I need to have my Islander MR3's serviced more often - about every eight months. I use Islander and Mick's Reels.

thanks for the tip. think I have it figured out now....

BC tony. I se you converted your Scotty down rigger rod holders to "striker" models. Would u have a better photo of how you converted them? I'm getting concerned about losing an Islander and want a more secure rod holder. Your conversion is what I want to do as the Striker seems more secure . Thanks. You can pm me if it's easier for you.
X2 pls! Nice looking setup

This photo should explain everything.20160913_Mod.jpg

Has anyone put a mr3 click spring into a trophy qr to improve the sound when line going out? I don't like how quiet it is

Back