Aluminum or Fiberglass?

What was your deciding factor(s) over the Silver Streak?
quote:Originally posted by highflyn

quote:Originally posted by rainbow one

How are you liking the Wolf boat so far? His boats look great. I thought they may be a little more $$$ than others.
even though my wife and i have only had it out once for about 6 hours in the pouring rain, running out the fraser river to the ferry terminal a couple of times(crabing).The whole ride was rather enjoyable and can't wait to get out again. The ride was a learning curve and to get know the boat and what it can do.The pictures on his websight don't do the boat justice because when standing on the deck they are so much more spacious.As far as price they might be a little more but i compaired it against a silverstreak,the price of a base boat was pretty close.The only real differance is the way they are built(the type of aluminum)and the options that you want.I had my boat supplied without electronics or outboard power.(I bought and installed and saved,guess at about $6000 plus):D

How are you liking the Wolf boat so far? His boats look great. I thought they may be a little more $$$ than others.
even though my wife and i have only had it out once for about 6 hours in the pouring rain, running out the fraser river to the ferry terminal a couple of times(crabing).The whole ride was rather enjoyable and can't wait to get out again. The ride was a learning curve and to get know the boat and what it can do.The pictures on his websight don't do the boat justice because when standing on the deck they are so much more spacious.As far as price they might be a little more but i compaired it against a silverstreak,the price of a base boat was pretty close.The only real differance is the way they are built(the type of aluminum)and the options that you want.I had my boat supplied without electronics or outboard power.(I bought and installed and saved,guess at about $6000 plus):D
The biggest reason was that i sent them an email for more info and a quote and i didn't get any reply for atleast 3 weeks and then it was a computer generated reply saying that they were closed for summer holidays and then never ever heard any more. It seemed like they had enough business and didn't need mine. That's what i thinks happens when a company gets larger in size.Some of the other reasons are the type of marine grade aluminum that is used. Silver streak uses different grades and wolf uses 1 grade of aluminum.You should asked both boat builders why they use the type of aluminum and why? Check your email that i sent you RO

The biggest reason was that i sent them an email for more info and a quote and i didn't get any reply for atleast 3 weeks and then it was a computer generated reply saying that they were closed for summer holidays and then never ever heard any more. It seemed like they had enough business and didn't need mine. That's what i thinks happens when a company gets larger in size.Some of the other reasons are the type of marine grade aluminum that is used. Silver streak uses different grades and wolf uses 1 grade of aluminum.You should asked both boat builders why they use the type of aluminum and why? Check your email that i sent you RO

I didn't get an email that I can tell. where did you send it and how do I check it? Is it through this forum? Sorry, but I don't get along with computors.

I didn't get an email that I can tell. where did you send it and how do I check it? Is it through this forum? Sorry, but I don't get along with computors.

I have had two glass boats and now have the welded aluminum and would choose the metal over glass for fishing hands down and the glass for cruising. Nearly all crew boats on the west coast are aluminum. They are hard to find and easy to sell. Good luck.

I have had two glass boats and now have the welded aluminum and would choose the metal over glass for fishing hands down and the glass for cruising. Nearly all crew boats on the west coast are aluminum. They are hard to find and easy to sell. Good luck.

Back