Aluminum boat side mods what to do?

Something like this Workskiff, full sided all the way back and full transom. Where the walk-around between the cabin and the sides I would close the top and make it accessible from the inside for storage, etc. just a thought.

View attachment 6193

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering why not full sides all the way back and then leave the back open. i really like the design but i'm having trouble seeing it on the chuck without full sides.

I think he is worried that he won't have the room to walk back to the engine if he gets up to hip height.

I dont really know if I will gain alot putting the sides that high. at 12" I will have 18 to 20" freeboard should be good I just want to make it look good at this point trying to blend it into the hull.

Here is the new side still need to get some decals but its coming together it feels really safe to walk to the stern now.
ac2106fec64a9ffbac87468a1c16fa92.jpg

46f6fdd9b04dcbd91862e3363360f21c.jpg

fd2def681390d1588e9f0f3a830bc303.jpg

the addition is hardly noticeable. Good job.

Just thought I would list it to see what kind interested i would get. When I started the build it was just me and the wife now we have our first little one on the way. I'm going to keep going on the build still have swim platform, ladder, graphics and stove to install. I may even buy an autopilot for it also. All my family and friends know that everthing I have is for sale haha. Already had one email of the boat tonight.

Saw a few of my boats pictures on Craiglist a few weeks after
I got off ebay and drove it home.

When I saw JACs thought it was a spoof...

Everything sells for the right price I guess so would you sell for 60k ?

At point I would be close to that don't really want to sell it but if someone makes a offer you never know.mmits a brand new boat new twin power and trailer. I don't think 55 to 60k is over priced.

Have you checked prices on some aluminum production boats. 60k barely gets ya into any of the pilot house types single engine.
It may make for an easy sale

That would be cool just took here out for a trolling working well need to do some more mods on the side for spray defectors boats are never ending.

You built yourself a boat that has an extremely limited market. Good luck with the sale if you should decide to sell. The vessel is unique and rare and that could have it's selling points. I like to buy rare boats. This is not a great time for selling boats however. I look at them all the time and times are tough right now for top price.

The economy seems to be picking up so who knows.

Good luck with her either way.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Ya as I said before not in a hurry to sell may never sell just thought I would put it up thre, on a good note yesterday I got a lot of interested 5 emails and a phone call not bad for one day. After taking the boat out trolling I like it even more the downriggers work and visibility was excellent

Back