ALONE Season 2

That was a decent episode. Both ladies left seem pretty tough so far as well as a couple of others.

Question for you Wade, how do they keep their batts charged for their cameras.?

Last year when Allan won, they at first told them they were there to do a routine health check, what is the frequency of these visits.

Cool having your insight Wade

Kind of surprized the lady tapped out so quick last night. She had the first aid kit there and as bad as it looked I thought she could have bandaged herself up for at least a few more days. I watched the extra footage of the evacuation on the History Channel and she said that her hand needed a few stitches. It's to bad that she is out because out a silly accident. I thought the guy that lost his flint might tap out, but he seems to be holding tight. Good on him for sticking with it, might be a little tougher once the nonstop rain starts coming.

GetBent,

The day prior to them getting dropped at their spots we drop a big black pelican case at each site. This has all their cameras, SD cards, and a bunch of battery bricks. The bricks have USB outlets in them and can charge multiple things at a time.

They generally had enough battery for about a week. Which brings me to you question about health visits.

They would try and leave them Alone for at least a week, if not longer. We had as little contact with them as possible.

So every 7-10 days we would stop by each spot, quick med check, restock all batteries, SD cards and any problematic camera equipment. Try to be in and out in under 20 minutes.

Casper,

Mary Kate was cut quite badly, no way she could have stayed out there. She ended up getting emergency surgery on her hand in Campbell River. Cut through tendons in her hand, was not nice.

She was super bummed that this happened, silly mistake.

I do watched the extended rescue of her. It's to bad they did not include more of it in the show. Her asking about leaving the game and being told she was was good stuff. Her reaction to being told was great, should have been on tv.

Till next week

BearCove that makes more sense. To bad that they downplayed that so much. You could tell that she was bummed about being taken out of the game in the boat after the rescue. The way they played it out on TV made it look more like a bad cut. Thanks again for the great insight in to the game.

I did get to watch the show last night. Looking forward to sitting and checking it out tonight.

Heard that it was a decent show and we lost another player

Surprized Tracy didn't get out of her tent and confront the bears, might of kept them away. I was even more surprized that she tapped out because she yelled at them and that was the reason she wanted out. Mike what can I say about him, Mr. Organized or what, nice tidy camp, great mind set and he's planning for the long haul, a year. Lol. I was impressed with David's weaving skills on making that drift net. Larry seems to be doing better and now that he is catching fish, that should improve his game. I still like Justin although they didn't show much of him the other night. Nicole seems to be holding her own but I think she is a little to much beads and seeds and one with nature and don't think she is going to hold up once the ****** weather hits. Speaking of weather this crew seems to have much better weather then last year and none of them have all that great a shelter to put up with the wind and heavy rain that I'm sure is on the way, so that should really change things up. Again the other night no film footage of Jose and Randy. It's to bad that they don't show everyone on every show, but I guess if they don't film themselves there's nothing to show. Still liking the show regardless, I got all my Alberta hunting buddies hooked now too.

Tracy was a surprise to all of us, thought she was in it for the long haul after meeting here. Did not think it would have been the bears that took her out thats for sure.

Mike is amazing, the things he is putting together are mind blowing I think, building home away from home. Table, cook stove, hand wash.

What's next?

They all have some pretty amazing skills, cool to see what their best at. As you have seen some shelters are far superior to others and they other have skills like building gill net from scratch, cool stuff.

Would like to see more of all the contestants myself but I guess there is only so much time in that hour to make decent TV. Last year we were down to 4 after 5 days so there was lots of TV time for them. This year we still have 7 strong at this point.

They did have great weather for the start of this season, really help they get set up instead of just hunkering down and waiting it out. Not to worry, the rain and wind will make an appearance I'm sure.

Cheers

Ya, I looked over the weather they had last year and it was quite a nice fall/winter that area had last year. There is a few days there that there was 20-30mm of rain and there are a lot of mild temp wise days also. A far cry from the year before. I expect that if Mike makes it for the long haul that he will be giving you a run for your money there BearCove. Mikes Outback Resort and Cottages. Lol. As you say great to see there skill sets, I'm sure that is what's going to keep the in the game longer as it keeps them busy and there mind off being out there alone.

Decent show last night, got to see a little bit on everyone. Shelters are coming along good, some pretty solid set up, much better than last year. Should be able to with stand some of the weather that will come there way. Nicole lucked into that decent salmon and Larry hooked into some cod, they all seem to be much better at the fishing aspect this year, will keep them fed and in the game longer I'm thinking.

Agree the show was better last night, and yes they all seem to be getting into the mind set of the long haul.

The bull kelp pisser! Good for on a boat too just gaff one and your good to go. Could work for girls might feel a little weird and the trajectory would have to be right...

I call the next one to go will be the guy that cant stop talking about fried chicken (david?) then the nut who want to blow up the mouse, then the spainyard... love the chick and the guy who made the fire blower stick who misses his wife..cant remember who else.

Did my PVR fawk up and miss the last episode last Thursday? I sat down to watch the other night and nothing there. Series recording still set, everything looks in order on that front.

I didn't see a new episode last time...other than a "Deeper Cuts" one which is just old stuff with Allan Kay texting over top of it.

Maybe this week there will be a new regular episode.

Think there was a bunch of disappointed people, me included that there was a repeat.

Not sure why, I'm sure there was a reason.

Looking forward to Thursday

Big surprise tonight as I thought that one guy had his act together pretty good.

Mental part seems really difficult for some.

Interesting for sure.

Take care.

Finally caught up to the latest episode. Was really surprised to see Mike call it quits. The dude had the best camp and seemed set for a long stay.

Yah double Tapout last night, I agree fin, thought Mike was really getting it together.
Looking forward to see how the spainaird makes out with his boat.
Can't see the guy who moved his camp that can't catch fish or the mountain climber lasting too much longer given their conditions, although look at Alan he stayed 59 days under a log eating bull kelp, slugs and bull heads.
Should be more inclusive now that the # of competitors is down...

Back