ALONE Season 2

It has been closed for years according to DFO in the chit chat the had with the contestants prior to getting dropped off. I guess they couldn't let them take the chance and tell them to eat it for the fact that someone got sick.

That being said, the locals in the area have never stopped eating the shell fish and nobody has died to got sick for that matter.

It's to bad that they couldn't as there is a ton of it in the area. Maybe if they return in the future they will have tested again and will allow them to eat it. Would be a game changer for sure if they could.

Kinda disappointed in tonight's show. Tonight it lacked energy and excitement, some good insight into a couple of the contestants lives, but no real flow.

Until next week!

Funny Deewar25, I was thinking of that same thing when that stat came up on the screen. Would be IGFA world record for sure!

Was an uneventful show, still a couple contestants that haven't been introduced, which I think is odd, we should have met them all by now.

I still think it is a great show.
We may laugh at their fear of the big predators but these people live in areas where they are not common.
Also being mostly Americans there are used to the piece of mind of packing firearms.
That guy Mike will be a solid contender.
I met him on an Island off the cast of Honduras about 5 years ago.
He was the survival instructor for a Christian youth group spending several months in central America.
His experience level is miles above the rest of the group.

Enjoying the second season so far. Nice to see both genders represented this year. I alerted Some friends who are watching this year for the first time. They are enjoying it too. I was planning to set up a pool with them but really can't since we haven't been introduced to all ten contestants yet. I'm trying to figure out how to do that and so far can only figure I will have to wait until we see all 10, now 9 on screen. Bios on website are insufficient for my purposes.

Yes it was a bit boring for sure...didn't we have like 3 or 4 guys bail last year in the first 2/3 days? Seem to remember being introduced to everyone far sooner as Wade was plucking em off the rocks.

I guess the bottom line about how good an episode is is based upon the footage they get from each person??

Still looking forward to more for sure

Your right, we had 6 out in the first 6 days last year, kept me busy for sure.

Last year we met everyone in the first episode, briefly but we saw everyone. Guessing since the call for 13 episodes instead of 10 this year they are stretching it out. Not a fan of that idea, think viewers should have met them all by now.

Hoping things get a bit more intense, I know a lot of cool **** happens.

Wasn't a Hali bit a good sized sole. Mike ate well that night for sure.

Guess we will see what they put together for episode 3.

Like the show, watched the first season. I don't like how they haven't introduced everyone yet by this episode, should have been done on the first episode. Also would have liked to see how everyone set up their camp in the first episode or 2 instead of just seeing one or 2 people set theirs up. My thoughts after last season was that they need to somehow have a requirement that you must film yourself for a certain amount of time in a week or something like that. Because it seems like theres alot of contestants that aren't filming what there doing therefore were only seeing the same few people over and over in the first few episodes. Obviously filming yourself doing everything is a challenge in it's own, so they should make it a level playing field and require everyone to film a certain amount in a week or day. Just my thoughts on the show.

Vanisland,

That is one of the hardest things the EP's had to deal with was getting these guy/gals to film. They are contracted to film what they are doing but that fact is they are out there trying to survive and trying to remember to set up a camera, get the angle than talk every time is tough for them. Some were much better at the filming than others, hence seeing more of some people than others.

Think if every time you walk through the bush, down the beach, chop wood that you need to walk down the beach, set up the camera, walk back up the beach, turn around walk towards it, get the shot, then repeat for everything you do.

The biggest complaint I heard from them was how much time out of there day this takes when they could be getting this done that they need to survive.

I guess thats what I think is cool about it, guess you could put a camera crew out there with them to get every shot like the other reality shows but then you would't be ALONE!

BearCove, any idea of how much lead time these people get from the time they are picked to the time they get to the staging area. Basically do they get time to study up about the area and conditions they are going to be living in. Also are they able to move to another area, as in last year the guy built a canoe. I thought that guy had it in the bag last year, but the game just got in his brain.
Agree that I don't like the idea of not seeing all the cast every week, but still love the show especially when one has fished the area. I was in Winter Harbour about 10 years ago in May for the time and thought it was the most remote place I had ever been to at the time. While there I read a book about the early settlers that came there with there land claims and the mother ship just put these settlers and their families in a dingy and pushed them off and said good luck. Lol. That is almost the same as these people.

Casper,

These contestants did know they were coming back to Vancouver Island and all had the chance to watch last years show. I do not know how much in advance they got told they were coming back to the Island though. They had a couple of months at least, from the time they were picked to do the show and went through training in NY till getting here.

They are more than welcome to move areas if they want, nothing stopping them. Most just hunker down and figure out how to use the immediate area to survive. From the time they are dropped off they are burning calories, so moving all over the place is really not in their best interest. They all have geo-fences around them of some sort to alert the main head quarters that they are travelling somewhere. Most had a mile around them, the fences were to keep them away from danger areas, other contestants. If they got to far away or close to something they were send a message and were alerted to turn around.

They all had to wear a (yellow brick) or GPS tracking device on their bodies at all times in order to be tracked from headquarters and by the first response team. This showed them walking around, had heart rate monitor, elevation alarms for the fact they fell any distance quickly.

The areas these people were dropped in were really not conducive to moving around unless you build a boat. As you can see in most of the footage there is really nowhere to go, terrain is so rugged that even when they try they realize it will be a crazy amount of work.

Guessing we will meet the final 2 contestants on Thursday.

Yes I realize they wouldn't want to go traveling around a lot, just thinking about that one guy just seems he pinned in a steep valley type terrain and was wondering if there wasn't a flatter spot he might move to. Also if your really planning for the long hull that you might really want to scout out the area to start making your home away from home. As far a led time ahead they still all seem a little naïve about your weather, wildlife, and area. that being said this group all seem to be a little better trained in reading and watching there bios. I figured they must have some type of tracker on them at all times. I'm guessing this must be Crown Land that they are staying on?

Casper,

Moving around couple be beneficial but most spots are quite equal, depends on your skills and how you use the area. Thing is if you spend time going to the right and the left is better you wasted a day, now your tired, hungry and have no food.

Crazy to me that the animals are that big of an issue this year too. That being said, if you are not from the area, East Coast lets say, you get dropped in the middle on nowhere, all alone, no way to protect yourself, who's' to say how you would react to the thought of which could happen. Not sure how I would do being dropped in the Everglades and someone saying "good luck to ya" and taking off.

This group seem to much better in the survival aspect of the game. Nothing against last years crew, few of them had amazing knowledge and spent 2 months surviving, pretty amazing but seeing what I saw in these contestants they really have some skills. We will get to this see over the next 11 weeks, should be interesting.

Mostly crown and park land was used in both seasons, Ministry of Environment gave full support of the show, they were some rules in place like reclaiming the land and cleaning up whatever mess was made. Very little impact was made by the contestants on the areas they were in.

Cheers

If I had two months to research an area that I was going to be dropped into, I would get to know it as well as possible. Just knowing that the ocean is not too far away would make me move to water's edge as soon as possible. When the tide is out, the table is set. .....

Ah I was wondering if you were going to be back chatting, nice to see. Seems good so far! Yea the guy on the cliff seems be in the worst spot so far. Love the one **** talker didnt even make it one night! haha. I was wondering about the shell fish myself as last year they were basically living off the mussels. Looks like at lest one person so far didnt bring a gill net.. so silly. Couple good contenders but I can't remember names.

Back