ALONE Season 2

Yes, can't believe Mike tapped out. Thought he was a lock for the final 2-3 left. Still think the Army sniper dude has the skills to hold out and also the Spainard dude.

I laughed at the Dungeness crab-but what are they---they aren't Red Rocks either!!! They got them off the kelp-supposedly??

I had broken a finger once. There was a little hump where it had been broken and a few months after this break happened, the spot was still a pretty tender. Well one of those crabs, a large one, came up in a trap that I was picking through and I wasn't paying attention too well. He got his pincher right on the magic spot and clenched down on my finger. Holy Christ, it was one of the worst pain I've ever felt. When it happened, I cried out, much to the delight of my asshole buddies who all laughed like a bunch of hyenas. LOL

I was curious what kind of crab they were too, regardless i bet they were the best tasting crabs on earth after day 30 something ..

Kelp crab. for sure.

Gets me how they always ask themselves "What I am doing here?...there's nothing left to accomplish".

*cough*......you're there to win a half million bucks.

I think that gal from Oregon is going to win. She's got her stuff together. She's got her food down pat and seems to be in a good mental state.

I think that gal from Oregon is going to win. She's got her stuff together. She's got her food down pat and seems to be in a good mental state.

I did too, but now she is getting sealed. 3 way race between Glasses, Jose, and her. 50+ days is impressive.

Well, it sure looked like we would have a multiple tap out this week but in the end the tough as nails lady left for her kids. She sure had it going on till the frost killed her garden and the dog run dried up.

From the preview it looks like they are starting to really crack.

Is it just me or was last year better? Just because it was first year??
Seems less dramatic or something...

Pushing two months on the ground ALONE!

Great job to all in the game still!

Of course they are cracking, no food, no companionship, isolation, they'er ALONE!

Who's going to win, down to 3 now?

Predictions?

I can't even imagine what it would be like for total isolation for that long.

I think David may take it....but then again

Yeah I agree with you GB-I thought Jose was a shoo -in and David was going to be gone long ago. BUT I see chinks in Jose's armour, Larry is breaking down and living on mice while David quietly solves problems and seems to keep it together

I thought Nicole was going to win. I can't believe David and Larry are still in it. From the start they were the two that I thought wouldn't last a week. I think Jose will win it. Looks like the rescue boat will be busy next week.

I was going for the military sniper, thought he had it together. Once he climbed the mountain he was done. I did think Nicole had it going with all her plant knowledge and a good source of fish, but once the cold set in she was done. Have to agree with you Prawn Star I too thought David and Larry were gone the first week still surprised there still in it. I think Jose is the man. The one thing that seems to be the common thing is the mental game, I think a lot of the players that have tapped out were better prepared survival wise and just did not have the mental game. Still love the show.

Getting tired of listening to all these people with their kvetchfests/whining about being alone and how man is not made to be alone and man shouldn't be alone and humans need company and ...yada yada yada yada yada yada......one guy even said that people who like being alone for extended periods are looked on as an aberration by society....

Supposedly everybody was signed up to be prepared for one year if necessary.
Quite frankly since the contestants were all supposed to be survival experts, I'm not really impressed with many of them.
I don't see too much "expert" stuff going on.
Although if you dropped me off the coast of southern Chile and said "have at it" I'd be as lost ,local knowledge-wise, as most of these people are.

Seafood seems to be the key to a food source there. And there's all kinds of it there. They just don't know how to get it.
Its unfortunate that most of them don't have very much local lore/knowledge to fall back on.
Because that's the key.
A gill-net wouldn't have been my first choice (except for the Chum run). But I think having the knowledge to construct a small good non-leaking stable seaworthy vessel would be paramount.
Hope the Spanish guy recovers from his encounter......I think he needs bigger outriggers.

Maybe a lot of people underestimated what is required to pull that event off.

Just because one can build a fire in their backyard with a bowdrill doesn't make them survival capable. Nor does declaring one's self a major "badass".

When the boat pulls away and suddenly you're there all by yourself....all the crap talk goes out the window.

Last edited:
I hope Jose recovers from his swim. He is the only one left that make sense. David and Larry are still in it cause I think not being right in the head to start with has given them the edge. This whole red tide crap is a joke too. It seems the contestants didn't do any research as to where they were going to be.

I believe they informed the contestants that red tide was present.
Larry sure bounced back after his meltdown...one episode left I believe.

Back