All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
the vaccine is effective at keeping you out of hospital, not avoiding covid. Simply put, it gives your body what it needs to fight the virus, but its not like you have this forcefield around you so it can't even get to you.
There are certainly cases where vaccinated people contract Covid; these are called breakthrough infections. But the rate of new cases in unvaxed people is 12 times higher than breakthrough cases.

"Rate of COVID-19 cases 12 times higher among unvaccinated than vaccinated: PHAC - National | Globalnews.ca" https://globalnews.ca/news/8165597/delta-vaccine-covid-phac-modelling/amp/

At this point I'll take it.
the vaccine is effective at keeping you out of hospital, not avoiding covid. Simply put, it gives your body what it needs to fight the virus, but its not like you have this forcefield around you so it can't even get to you.
I don't recall how it was with the early round of shots if they started out with shorter windows but regardless, hard to tell not knowing the situation in the home.
In the short term , sure. You think there is a weird situation in this particular home? Like staff that’s mandated to wear all PPE and fully vaxxed residents? Up to 10 deaths? I sure hope these vaccinated people didn’t take a hospital bed away from a healthy person that needed a surgery .

In the short term , sure. You think there is a weird situation in this particular home? Like staff that’s mandated to wear all PPE and fully vaxxed residents? Up to 10 deaths? I sure hope these vaccinated people didn’t take a hospital bed away from a healthy person that needed a surgery .
All health workers are required to wear PPE. My wife is a Covid nurse, it’s been almost two years since she’s wearing the visor for 12 hr a day ! She’s got healed scars behind the ears! Of course she is double vaccinated but PPE is still a requirement and rightfully so.
Cheers
D

Who needs a vaccine when you can have a de-wormer that has been shown to be effective in the range of 0-100%
Sonia Elijah is the author of this nonsense.

index.php

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe said on Monday that the province would be would be sending six COVID-19 patients in intensive care units (ICUs) to Ontario to help relieve some of the pressure on their health-care system. The premier said the government would work with families on a case-by-case basis to allow one or two family members to travel to Ontario along with the patient and offer their support to their loved ones. Moe said his administration would also ask the federal government to send health professionals that can help staff the province’s overburdened ICUs. He said Saskatchewan is “going through a challenge” during the fourth wave of the coronavirus pandemic, and said a number of communities across the province have “far too low of a vaccination rate.”

Who needs a vaccine when you can have a de-wormer that has been shown to be effective in the range of 0-100%
Sonia Elijah is the author of this nonsense.
What was wrong or incorrect about the Seychelles article? Why do you get so nasty towards any narrative that does not agree with your opinion?

What was wrong or incorrect about the Seychelles article? Why do you get so nasty towards any narrative that does not agree with your opinion?
We are all trying to navigate this pandemic with the best information possible. When someone posts a link to a source that no one has ever heard of don't you think we should check them out to see if its creditable? I did just that and found that this author was spreading misinformation / disinformation on social media. We all have to evaluate our risk and it's not helpful to add nonsense to the calculation.

If that goes against your sensibility's then clearly you don't need to read my posts, I won't be offended.

index.php

BC health officials opening up large events starting Oct 25th, just in time for the Canucks home opener? I thought hospitals were over flowing? I thought Delta variant was a game changer? Since kids aren't vaxed why aren't any getting sick enough to be in hospital? Why are care homes still experiencing outbreaks and death? I'm so confused. Does covid not travel inside Rogers arena? I thought social distancing was important? PCR test required for travel upon return from USA but only if you are gone more than 72 hours? Mandatory quarantine for kids upon re-entry from family holiday from USA even though they test negative on PCR test? Face covering for all indoor venues except when sitting? Vaccine passport requirement even though you can catch and transmit? Northern part of BC regional restrictions on family gatherings? Northern bars are closed but huge metropolitan hockey rink is open? Moderna vaccine being halted overseas but ok here?

There are way too many red flags in the government mandates for any logical person to take anything they say seriously.

BC health officials opening up large events starting Oct 25th, just in time for the Canucks home opener? I thought hospitals were over flowing? I thought Delta variant was a game changer? Since kids aren't vaxed why aren't any getting sick enough to be in hospital? Why are care homes still experiencing outbreaks and death? I'm so confused. Does covid not travel inside Rogers arena? I thought social distancing was important? PCR test required for travel upon return from USA but only if you are gone more than 72 hours? Mandatory quarantine for kids upon re-entry from family holiday from USA even though they test negative on PCR test? Face covering for all indoor venues except when sitting? Vaccine passport requirement even though you can catch and transmit? Northern part of BC regional restrictions on family gatherings? Northern bars are closed but huge metropolitan hockey rink is open? Moderna vaccine being halted overseas but ok here?

There are way too many red flags in the government mandates for any logical person to take anything they say seriously.
Bingo. You can see through the bull but so many are still hung up on the evening news.

The govt has hired highly qualified and experienced public health professionals and given them substantial resources with which to gather and interpret data so that they can help to form BC-specific policy based on best available science. There is no parallel agency, private industry group or individual with anything like the education, funding and singluar focus that the Health Ministry Covid team/BCCDC possesses. If you wish to dispute or question these findings, or pop up sources that provide an opinion more in line with your own feelings, well, it's a free country. You'll be challenged on these other sources, and mostly with good reason.

A lot of the perceived inconsistencies are because the virus keeps changing, and new data from around the world arrives daily. Your tax dollars fund a team whose mission is to keep us abreast of these changes, and you'd be rightly critical if they stayed with a static approach still based on what we knew in March 2020. So you can keep being frustrated trying to keep up with the landslide of daily news and statistics, or you could actually listen to the people you're paying to do this for you.

The govt has hired highly qualified and experienced public health professionals and given them substantial resources with which to gather and interpret data so that they can help to form BC-specific policy based on best available science. There is no parallel agency, private industry group or individual with anything like the education, funding and singluar focus that the Health Ministry Covid team/BCCDC possesses. If you wish to dispute or question these findings, or pop up sources that provide an opinion more in line with your own feelings, well, it's a free country. You'll be challenged on these other sources, and mostly with good reason.

A lot of the perceived inconsistencies are because the virus keeps changing, and new data from around the world arrives daily. Your tax dollars fund a team whose mission is to keep us abreast of these changes, and you'd be rightly critical if they stayed with a static approach still based on what we knew in March 2020. So you can keep being frustrated trying to keep up with the landslide of daily news and statistics, or you could actually listen to the people you're paying to do this for you.

I dont think its wrong to question why we are opening up events that have 18 thousand people at them, when we are having 700 cases a day and 5 deaths.

I dont think its wrong to question why we are opening up events that have 18 thousand people at them, when we are having 700 cases a day and 5 deaths.
I've tried so hard to maintain my support for our health officials. I followed the rules and got vaxed right away. But man, at least a dozen times I've watched their news conferences and slammed my hand into my face. They just keep adding fuel to the stupidity fire with their CONSTANT contradictions. I don't blame anyone at this point for not listening to them, to each their own. These guys suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back