All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you understood the data in that thread (or didn't dig into it). What this is showing, is that the way Canada and UK chose to do shot rollouts is proving to be way more effective. Barely a slide in high percent staying out of hospital at 5 months post 2nd shot and while looking at the "weeks between" graphic, 3-4 weeks between shots (US, Israel etc) are finding after 4 months, only 76-86% effective, but 7-8 weeks between (Canada/UK) is showing 90-92% still.
I understand we are sitting good at 5 months out but the efficacy continues to drop does it not? We are sitting at 10 months for people that got the shot at the beginning. What kind of protection do they have at this point?

I understand we are sitting good at 5 months out but the efficacy continues to drop does it not? We are sitting at 10 months for people that got the shot at the beginning. What kind of protection do they have at this point?
for the 3-4 weekers yes, but as evidence from this part of the thread: infection risk increases some, but there is no clear indication that it is losing effectiveness against severe cases for us at 5 month point (best data we have so far obviously as frontlines I believe from what I recall/read didn't get their 2nd dose til April/May area, so not 10 months already). Don't forget as well, this is just hospitalization. This isn't ICU or death which is likely 95-98%.

Apparently I read that after 3-4 weeks your body can still have antibodies in it, These antibodies will fight off the second vaccination.

By going to 8 weeks it allows the antibodies to clear from your system forcing your body to have a T-cell response to create new antibodies. Allowing for a more robust protection.
its fascinating, did we just stumble into effectiveness by luck as the focus was to get the first shot in to more people, or did our professionals have some insight to what a delay could do and took a gamble? The nurses/doctors sure weren't happy about it. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-19-vaccine-second-dose-delayed-1.5865482

Breakthrough infections might not be a big transmission risk. Here's the evidence​

Conventional wisdom says that if you're vaccinated and you get a breakthrough infection with the coronavirus, you can transmit that infection to someone else and make that person sick.

But new evidence suggests that even though that may happen on occasion, breakthrough infections might not represent the threat to others that scientists originally thought.

for the 3-4 weekers yes, but as evidence from this part of the thread: infection risk increases some, but there is no clear indication that it is losing effectiveness against severe cases for us at 5 month point (best data we have so far obviously as frontlines I believe from what I recall/read didn't get their 2nd dose til April/May area, so not 10 months already). Don't forget as well, this is just hospitalization. This isn't ICU or death which is likely 95-98%.
You might be interested in watching the webinar where the project lead Dr. Danuta Skowronski talks about their findings.
https://nexuswebcast.mediasite.com/...esentation/935b49e05ed946938707b587f37df9b11d

Oct 15, 2021
Health officials in B.C. have introduced more restrictions for the northern part of the province in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Personal indoor and outdoor gatherings are restricted to fully vaccinated people only.

I just do not understand how getting a vaccine protects your co workers? Both still get covid . Without the vaccine chances of hospitalization are higher. You can make the case it puts strain on our health care system but so did shutting down surgeries last year and the system was overloaded prior to covid.
Vaxed people can contract covid, but at nowhere near the rate the unvaxed do.

Looks like the vaccine drops pretty quickly in efficacy after 6 months. Care homes were the first to be vaccinated so I’m guessing the vaccine is no longer offering much protection for these people .

Looks like the vaccine drops pretty quickly in efficacy after 6 months. Care homes were the first to be vaccinated so I’m guessing the vaccine is no longer offering much protection for these people .
that is US that did 3-4 weeks between vaccines - i posted the effectiveness of our strategy (stumbled on or expected) of 8 weeks between - way way better

that is US that did 3-4 weeks between vaccines - i posted the effectiveness of our strategy (stumbled on or expected) of 8 weeks between - way way better
If that was true and the vaccines effectiveness didn’t drop, why do so many people in that care home have Covid-19? We’ve been told breakthrough cases are rare. There are 90 people that are positive with Covid-19 and 9 or 10 deaths in what I would assume is a heavily vaccinated place with all staff wearing PPE.

Going to the bottom of the barrel for a deep scrape there OBD?

The Opposite of Socialized Medicine

Orient said that AAPS’s membership consists of “under 5,000” of the country’s million or so doctors.

In 2015, after measles broke out at Disneyland, AAPS put out a press release questioning the safety of vaccines. The group has suggested that women who have abortions are at a higher risk of breast cancer, though mainstream scientists say this is false. In 2008, an article on AAPS’s website suggested that President Barack Obama was covertly hypnotizing people with his speeches, and that this might explain why Jews voted for him. AAPS’s journal, the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, has published articles raising doubts that HIV causes AIDS and questioning the wisdom of urging people to quit smoking, according to the Louisville Courier Journal.

If that was true and the vaccines effectiveness didn’t drop, why do so many people in that care home have Covid-19? We’ve been told breakthrough cases are rare. There are 90 people that are positive with Covid-19 and 9 or 10 deaths in what I would assume is a heavily vaccinated place with all staff wearing PPE.
the vaccine is effective at keeping you out of hospital, not avoiding covid. Simply put, it gives your body what it needs to fight the virus, but its not like you have this forcefield around you so it can't even get to you.
I don't recall how it was with the early round of shots if they started out with shorter windows but regardless, hard to tell not knowing the situation in the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back