All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny I heard there was only a few that were willing to be suspended for not getting vaxxed

yeah it’s only a few, northern health has the biggest amount.

on the radio they said one of the reason they don’t have maditory vaccination for teachers is areas in northern health could see a significant losses.

metro Vancouver and Victoria won’t skip a beat tho they have much more robust redundancy built in.

Funny I heard there was only a few that were willing to be suspended for not getting vaxxed

I know of a few personally. Two had terrible reactions to the first dose, and as per the vaccine manufacturers recommendations they are not getting their second dose. The other I know has already had COVID and possesses natural antibodies.

I’m not convinced it’s the best time to spare even a ‘few’. In my opinion the only credible risk the unvaccinated give to the vaccinated is that in an extreme situation they may take up a hospital bed you need. That situation seems a bit redundant if there’s not enough healthcare workers there to look after you.

I know of a few personally. Two had terrible reactions to the first dose, and as per the vaccine manufacturers recommendations they are not getting their second dose. The other I know has already had COVID and possesses natural antibodies.
The two that had reactions would be medically exempt, depends on your definition of terrible.
Roughly 1/3 of people that get covid don’t possess antibodies.

I’m not convinced it’s the best time to spare even a ‘few’. In my opinion the only credible risk the unvaccinated give to the vaccinated is that in an extreme situation they may take up a hospital bed you need. That situation seems a bit redundant if there’s not enough healthcare workers there to look after you.
Well I personally wouldn’t want to be cared by a non vaccinated health care worker. Seems conflicting

yeah it’s a small amount but it’s not about how many it’s about where they are concentrated. That happens to be areas where there is low vaccinated rates that tend to be in more remote communities like northern health.

The result will be the vaccinated people who follow the rules have to pick up the slack. Like usual in this pandemic it’s the people who follow the rules are the ones asked to do more.

The vaccine mandates just started with healthcare and will spill over to other industries soon I bet. I’m curious what kind of impact this will have. I work for a large company and some of crews have a 50% vaccination rate. This industry isn’t one where people are easily replaceable. It could get interesting in certain areas. I think I have Covid at the moment. I’m waiting on a call back to get tested but there has been an outbreak at my daughters school and she was running around holding hands all day with a kid with Covid apparently. Timeline and symptoms kind of line up so we will see.

my works vaccination policy is back on all must report status to HR showing prof by November 5.

out of our little group of about 30, 4 are not
Vaccinated and I can already see management scrambling on how to accommodate them.

Last edited:
This is getting interesting from a legal point of view.
It's one thing to exclude non-vaxxed from discretionary locations like sitting down at a restaurant and movie theatres, but impacting their ability to earn a living brings a host of legal issues into play.
I only did some brief research, and could find no positive legal authority for vaxx mandate at a regular workplace, only interpretations of various regulations etc.
Vaxx mandate should hold up in places like old age homes, but I'm not so sure about a garbage collector.
In my view that means the courts will have to provide the definitive interpretation.

Will be interesting for sure. Employers have a duty to protect employees as well. Allowing staff that are not vaccinated does open the chance for more breakthrough infections for the vaccinated. The argument that if you are vaccinated you are safe from the unvaccinated does not hold water.

My private employer of 100ish people has had the mandate that if you want to work in the office you need to be double vaccinated. We have 3 that are working from home as a result that would otherwise choose to work in the office. They are still working, however, in the future when it comes to promotions, etc its not like the leadership isn't going to remember this whether it is explicit or not.

Will be interesting for sure. Employers have a duty to protect employees as well. Allowing staff that are not vaccinated does open the chance for more breakthrough infections for the vaccinated. The argument that if you are vaccinated you are safe from the unvaccinated does not hold water.

if you are vaccinated can you refuse to work with an unvaccinated person then??

It is a good question. At my work the unvaccinated are now work from home, so that is moot. But in some workplaces, you may have people that do not want unvaccinated around them.

From what the gov is saying, yes would be your answer.

For me ,I have been double vaxed, have no issue with working with anyone, vaxed or not, as I did my part to hopefully protect myself. Vaxed or not you can pass on this virus, just hoping that if and when I get it, the symptoms will be mild and I'll stay out of the hospital and I'll live to fish another day.

Scandinavian countries are now halting Moderna vaccine in under 30 age group. The risk of heart inflammation seems to be real concern or why the complete 180 degree turn? What do the inject every last person crowd think? Still trust your shots? Inject all the kids who aren't at risk from Covid? Not as black and white as we were lead to believe obviously

Scandinavian countries are now halting Moderna vaccine in under 30 age group. The risk of heart inflammation seems to be real concern or why the complete 180 degree turn? What do the inject every last person crowd think? Still trust your shots? Inject all the kids who aren't at risk from Covid? Not as black and white as we were lead to believe obviously

Definitely agree we need to not rush with kids. They are not in the hospitals and causing stress to the health care system currently. Not apossed to the idea, just not comfortable yet with it. I know of many kids who had covid recently and it was very mild. A sore throat was the biggest part.

It's hospitalizations that matter not cases. We can't vaccinate ourselves to herd immunity with Covid. Those shots would be better in other struggling country's where vulnerable pepole still don't have access to vaccines. Those are pepoles parents & grandparents. Vaccines in poorer country's will have a greater impact on Human lives then using them here for kids. I would rather my children get sick for a week & risk the miniscule chance of a severe outcome vs saving someone's life. My kids spent the first 5 yrs of thier life with runny noses and seemed to always be sick. They are resilient creatures.

Wasting vaccines on kids at this point of a global pandemic is selfish. It reminds me of the Hunger Games. Where Canada is the Capital.

Just my thoughts

Last edited:
Moderna has not been authorized for anyone under 18 in Canada. Pfizer is what has been given to the that age group so your point is mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back