All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the baseline, is it what we are currently supposed to be at, and if so, how is that measured? Are we currently at 25%? Apologies if that was stated in the article, the ADHD is strong today...

See Sv post above she is trying to answer some of those questions. No very clear

Looks like easing off this summer, then returning to a stricter regiment in the fall.
Go to 41:10

It’s actually not. When you dig deeper into Quebec data (ICU admissions is best Indicator of how the one is doing against virus) they are not getting pounded. They’re doing half decent actually.

And we are currently at 30% ...

I am failing to see how Quebec is doing well. Nursing homes are deteriorating totally different than us. Military is going to be deployed to assist with long term care facilities.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6831650/quebec-coronavirus-april-17/

I am failing to see how Quebec is doing well. Nursing homes are deteriorating totally different than us. Military is going to be deployed to assist with long term care facilities.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6831650/quebec-coronavirus-april-17/

They are doing half decently, million times better than most places in Europe. Their ICU numbers have been going down fairly consistently. That's what most experts say to look at to know which way the virus is going/will go. I agree they are the worst in Canada by far (Spring Break timing is huge for that...) but they still aren't doing horribly in the overall scheme of things. Premier of Quebec has already began a plan to start to open things up in the next month.

They are doing half decently, million times better than most places in Europe. Their ICU numbers have been going down fairly consistently. That's what most experts say to look at to know which way the virus is going/will go. I agree they are the worst in Canada by far (Spring Break timing is huge for that...) but they still aren't doing horribly in the overall scheme of things. Premier of Quebec has already began a plan to start to open things up in the next month.

Thursday:

With 7,281 confirmed cases and 332 deaths as of Thursday, Montreal has recorded more cases of coronavirus infection than any other city in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-public-health-covid-19-1.5534717

I don't know I think Quebec is getting ahead of itself a bit. Juts my opinion vs other provinces. Moving to herd immunity to open up so soon. 300 people is a lot in 24 hr. period.

Thursday:

With 7,281 confirmed cases and 332 deaths as of Thursday, Montreal has recorded more cases of coronavirus infection than any other city in Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-public-health-covid-19-1.5534717

I don't know I think Quebec is getting ahead of itself a bit. Juts my opinion vs other provinces. Moving to herd immunity to open up so soon. 300 people is a lot in 24 hr. period.

That's total deaths, not in 24 hours... most deaths in one day in quebec is just over 130 (yesterday) But yes, relative to other provinces like BC (we are killing it) they aren't doing well...but relative to the world they still are not horrible was my point

Looks like easing off this summer, then returning to a stricter regiment in the fall.
Go to 41:10

Video looks promising so we can see our family over the summer months, Tourism/travel wise it appears one would be over optimistic to believe that door will open this summer as much as I hate to think that. Will remain hopeful that tourism doesn't stay closed through the entire summer. Sounded very clear over border/international travel will not happen at all this summer. On another note Pacific Rim National Parks closed until the end of May with an opening date of June 1st but I'm suspect that will change once we hit May. Would be nice to see Parks open as the land and beaches are vast and social distancing is possible.

Video looks promising so we can see our family over the summer months, Tourism/travel wise it appears one would be over optimistic to believe that door will open this summer as much as I hate to think that. Will remain hopeful that tourism doesn't stay closed through the entire summer. Sounded very clear over border/international travel will not happen at all this summer. On another note Pacific Rim National Parks closed until the end of May with an opening date of June 1st but I'm suspect that will change once we hit May. Would be nice to see Parks open as the land and beaches are vast and social distancing is possible.

At one point she literally says N American travel will most likely resume come summer...watched it live. She did mention international travel would not though.

What's the baseline, is it what we are currently supposed to be at, and if so, how is that measured? Are we currently at 25%? Apologies if that was stated in the article, the ADHD is strong today...

Dr. Henry is referring to a percentage compared to "normal" social contacts. She said that right now we're at 30% of normal social contacts...they were talking about some degree of easing to 40-60% of normal social contacts...so still quite restrictive compared to normal

Dr. Henry is referring to a percentage compared to "normal" social contacts. She said that right now we're at 30% of normal social contacts...they were talking about some degree of easing to 40-60% of normal social contacts...so still quite restrictive compared to normal
I'm at less than 5% of my social contacts right now. But I'm a hugger. When they lift these restrictions people better watch out because it's **** tap time!

I think a big thing that is overlooked at the out break in bc (and Canada) is the percentage that has occurred at long term homes and prisons. Subtract that and then look at the impact on the general public and it is literally less than the flu and not much at all really. Not that the long term folks homes don’t matter but could isolate those and general public could have looser restrictions is my point. Believe some of the most successful countries used this strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back