All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird I couldn't reply to you RC...if you can demonstrate a 30% loss in revenues over the same period as last year, definitely go after the funds as it can bridge the gaps to better times and keep your staff on payroll and ready to work. I am positive we won't qualify even though our top line revenues are off 30% at least. Measures such as this keep any interest in layoffs at bay. Good luck.

This is the *****.
I don't know if I got this covid thing or not. I was very careful, masks, gloves, disinfectant every where, in car home, cleaned everything
Throat got really sore, phoned my doc, got some antibiotics in case it was something else.
Got home, went up stairs, lost my breath, pain in upper chest, collapsed, sweating but no high fever.
Got up, noticed some blood in sputum.
Phoned for an ambulance, now I have never ever done this before, my chest and breathing were agony.

Well they phoned me back and shamed me into cancelling, I would use up safety gear and unless I couldn't breathe I would not be tested and would be sent home after several hours at the hospital.

Next day I phoned for an ambulance again, more difficulty breathing, still no high fever, I haven't eaten for two days now, fair amount of water, still dizzy, super bagged out, no concentration and can't sleep, this time I didn't cancel. They show up and wait until I answer questions and one person "gears" up, IMO not a good job, again, tells me it is a useless trip and a waste of supplies. Evidently they only want to know or test you if you had contact with someone from outside the country. I could see where this was going, I would have to wait to become even worse.

Let me tell you I have never had anything hit so hard so fast that put me on the ground and in bed for a week. It is hard to find any data as to how long this can go on.

BTW, I am a little better now, I could not have spent this amount of time posting a couple of days ago

I guess maybe it was covid, my older relatives are now all in hospital, 96,90 and 88. My dad came by 2 days after my uncle started coughing, he just never got it about the seriousness, "I'm tough" and the fear of "losing" it.

Damn take care, hope you will continue to be on the mend.

Geez, hang in there and hope you get well soon. Except for the lack of fever it sounds like covid.
turns out fever is not necessary, hard to find but 38% only have a fever of any kind.
Damn take care, hope you will continue to be on the mend.
I just wish there was some information of the progression and duration. They, the gov, have already traumatized me with the lack of information, I cannot watch the tube anymore about all the doom and gloom.

turns out fever is not necessary, hard to find but 38% only have a fever of any kind.

I just wish there was some information of the progression and duration. They, the gov, have already traumatized me with the lack of information, I cannot watch the tube anymore about all the doom and gloom.

Damn that rough, definitely a good strategy to limit the sources of info. Seems everyone responds differently to the virus so its affects vary greatly. Other than the BC CDC site I dont know what else is a reasonable source of info. Good luck man

Some info here:
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...re-s-what-doctors-say-about-when-to-seek-help
Some symptoms are more worrisome than others

Griffin says one easy way to check breathing is to monitor how many breaths somebody takes a minute. "If they're starting to breath 24, 26, 30 times a minute, those are the high-risk people," he says.

Well take care of your self. I honestly wouldn't go anywhere except the WHO website right now. Lot of misinformation out there. You might want to phone your general doctor. A lot of them are just doing in-calls. Just to follow up. Hope you get better.

Damn that rough, definitely a good strategy to limit the sources of info. Seems everyone responds differently to the virus so its affects vary greatly. Other than the BC CDC site I don't know what else is a reasonable source of info. Good luck man
WHO, but they are just the World Organization and different than BC.
They all say the same, wash, wash , wash. Got that. BC, masks don't help, BC, masks can't hurt, WHO, use masks where ever possible virus can be aerosol, BC, virus is not aerosol, which is another word for airborne. BC "we don't know", "Our experts say", few references to China' success, Korea as an example but they do 100 times tests.
How hard is it to understand that Vancouver had no screening of returning international travelers until a week and half ago, it was an open port, upon landing a sign "If you would not mind telling us if you feel sick please, if you feel sick would you please isolate yourself for 14 days otherwise carry on, thank you" You know that nice Canadian stuff. Even now it is "we may phone you to check up", idiots don't know about cell phones?

I feel for those folks without a computer, can't imagine holding on a phone call for
hours on end. Service Canada branches closed so you can't do it in person.
:(

Hours? Try WEEKS! :mad:
Now approaching 4,000 call attempts, with 34 hours on hold to date.
220 call attempts this morning alone.
Twice into the verification wormhole today only to be booted due to high traffic volume.

Last day I can make this work is today.
After that, I simply give up. Had enough.
I'll break their rules and apply online for the Medical Benefits.
Suspect that will get booted with a nice little note to call one of the numbers I've been hitting for the past two weeks. But I have to try something...

Fishing?: Spooky stuff Man! I wish All The Best for you in your recovery!

Nog

Hours? Try WEEKS! :mad:
Now approaching 4,000 call attempts, with 34 hours on hold to date.
220 call attempts this morning alone.
Twice into the verification wormhole today only to be booted due to high traffic volume.

Last day I can make this work is today.
After that, I simply give up. Had enough.
I'll break their rules and apply online for the Medical Benefits.
Suspect that will get booted with a nice little note to call one of the numbers I've been hitting for the past two weeks. But I have to try something...

Fishing?: Spooky stuff Man! I wish All The Best for you in your recovery!

Nog

Just apply for the emergency benefit online on Monday. That is what I would do.

I totally now agree with you.:mad: CRA 4 times today 15 -20 minutes each. After its ready to connect it hangs up you!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same thing as you . What I need can't be done online.

Tried yesterday and it was gong show, and couldn't get through. I think the offices are closed and lots working from home.

Good clear information coming out of Toronto this morning. Appear to be following Dr. Henry's lead.
Best was a reference to social isolating during the 1917 flu: where it was practiced in certain states more lives were saved and the economies bounced back sooner.

He hasn’t admitted he was wrong Yet ADF0BCA1-D8F9-4F65-99FD-C5864CFCC5DE.png but he’s trying to protect his people

3M faces pressure from Trump order to stop exporting N95 masks to Canada

Lookin after his people, nothing wrong with that.

Oh I forgot the narrative,, Orange man bad right. Fall in line robot.

That "downplay the virus" butt in the US can go f**k himself.

3M faces pressure from Trump order to stop exporting N95 masks to Canada

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/3m-n95-masks-1.5520326

Hey it's all good, Jared is on the case...wtf epic nepotism fail: https://www.yahoo.com/news/jared-kushner-doesnt-appear-know-060500191.html

"The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile," he said during Thursday's coronavirus briefing. "It's not supposed to be states' stockpiles that they then use."

You can all but guarantee the pressure focused at 3M came from that dipshit.

This is a virus and needs to be combated globally, that may seem like a good idea to the US now but should they follow through cutting off countries and not be the ones to come out with a vaccination they maybe the last ones to get it. Should be careful bullying smaller countries as it could negatively effect them in a bigger way. United is the only way forward right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back