All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the source could be highly suspect but I like data and until its disporven I will take it at face value with a gigantic grain of salt.

Holy. One bit of positive news and people $#!t all over it. That’s insane...no wonder the news is all negative, it attracts people I guess. Don’t complain about that then.

Holy. One bit of positive news and people $#!t all over it. That’s insane...no wonder the news is all negative, it attracts people I guess. Don’t complain about that then.

I understand what you’re saying, it’s never ending negative. However the fact remains China just purged a whack of foreign journalists, I doubt it was in the interest of truth.

On another note people with businesses should be applying to bdc online if they need assistance. It is setup to do it all online.

Just sent mine in hoping to here back. Also if your are having issues contact your bank. They are doing mortgages on case by case basis. It doesn't happen automatically it's a bit of a process. Still working on it.

I would echo everyone should really be limiting movement right now. If the virus lingers here more will die and longer the shutdown will happen. Look at Italy. Almost 3k dead in just 4 weeks. The hospitals cannot take it and stretched to exhaustion. They have one of the best health care systems.

Last edited:
My wife works in health care and the new Surrey hospital will be the dedicated covid treatment facility. Once it fills patients will be diverted to Langley Hospital. Hopefully this never happens.
I think it is fairly safe to assume that it will...but as you say Dan let's hope not...

Those on the business side of big pharma (or pharma in general) must be feeling intense pressure to win the vaccine race. Maybe Gordon Gecko was right...""Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."

Mind you, things didn't really work out that great for Gord in the end...lol

good one, ab1752! :) greed is the poison apple in the garden of Eden, IMHO.

Co-incidentally and appropriately, the character Gordon Gekko is commemorated in the scientific name of a species of gecko, Cyrtodactylus gordongekkoi.

And maybe try posting from a credible news source OBD - rather than the dribble from wattsupwiththat.com?

I was already on Shut Down due to the massive blood clot in the main vein draining the left hemisphere of my brain.
Yesterday got the notice: Isolate - You Are At High Risk.
Damn.
Told to expect to be off work for a "minimum of four to six months".
Double Damn.

A few supplies on Friday to top us up (including a shipment of ammo thanks).

Meeting with the Bank in early April to discuss mortgage deferral.

Hunkering down...

On other fronts, it appears the first real time Clinical Trial for Covid 19 Prevention is underway:

https://www.covidtrial.io/

Stay Safe Folks...

Nog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back