All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most non essential government workers have been told to stay home they will still get paid. Many union workers have been told the same. Non union workers are now eligible for immediate EI pay. They are now starting to stay home and still get paid.

This is going to get ugly real fast and it is going to drag on for months. No one will ever have the initiative to go back to work.

Trudeau isn’t going to cut off their pay cheques and make them go back to work. He might lose a vote.

Just in case you all didn't get the memo.

Most non essential government workers have been told to stay home they will still get paid. Many union workers have been told the same. Non union workers are now eligible for immediate EI pay. They are now starting to stay home and still get paid.

This is going to get ugly real fast and it is going to drag on for months. No one will ever have the initiative to go back to work.

Trudeau isn’t going to cut off their pay cheques and make them go back to work. He might lose a vote.
EI won’t pay the bills for most people in BC. What does it max out at? $600 +/- per week?

Not going to go back and clean up some of the posts from last night but will use them to serve as a reminder that we are not going to have this topic go wandering off into political or non stop conspiracy theory posts. As was demonstrated, you can go down the "rabbit hole" of the internet if you want and find a place to reside amongst those who are busy looking for the conspiracies, but we aren't going to go down that road here.

A day was twenty-four hours long but seemed longer. There was no hurry, for there was nowhere to go, nothing to buy and no money to buy it with, nothing to see outside the boundaries of...
Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird

A couple of quick calls suggest this is nothing more than rumor.
As in Yes, I can purchase a handgun at both local shops and from a Buddy if I so desire.

Nog
Well I'm telling you Cabelas wouldn't sell him a gun. Believe what you'd like. Maybe it's just Cabelas policy

Well I'm telling you Cabelas wouldn't sell him a gun. Believe what you'd like. Maybe it's just Cabelas policy

Just got off the phone with Cabela's (Nanaimo).
In no uncertain terms, they completely deny what you have reported here.
One would still have to collect the correct transfer permit, which may mean a day or two waiting to take it home with you. Standard Ops.
But they are ready willing and able to sell you any handgun you are qualified to purchase.
Period.
Endo.

Nog

Just got off the phone with Cabela's (Nanaimo).
In no uncertain terms, they completely deny what you have reported here.
One would still have to collect the correct transfer permit, which may mean a day or two waiting to take it home with you. Standard Ops.
But they are ready willing and able to sell you any handgun you are qualified to purchase.
Period.
Endo.

Nog
So weird. He says it was when they called to verify his pal that the issue came up.

Still waiting on mortgage info and looking at business loan info if anyone is interested. I will post up what I find out.

I think this page is important. Only reason I post up is that there are lot of us affected by this, so more brains together the better. This at least is where a lot of us locals post.

And yes the conspiracy theory, or your right/I am wrong doesn't really help right now. The virus i jeare so we have to deal with it.

On good news I am cleaning and getting my boat ready today. Need an escape.:)

Do we have a mobile hospital unit in BC? If we do I would guess that many of the medical staff could not be called up as they would already be working in the over taxed civilian hospital system. I understand the US will position their Navy Hospital Ships off their large coastal cities.

My wife works in health care and the new Surrey hospital will be the dedicated covid treatment facility. Once it fills patients will be diverted to Langley Hospital. Hopefully this never happens.

Ya - I'm not buying the conspiracy theory neither. Not only is it unhelpful & distracting to shift focus from prevention & response in the health field/sciences to non-accredited conspiracy bloggers - but it's illogical & unsupported to try to find causes - other than the more logical & plausible ones already acknowledged.

In other words - 1.4 BILLION people living in high densities - having open markets where wild bush meat & live animals are similarly crowded into these squalid conditions with humans in unsanitary conditions is always a recipe for disaster and transfer of zoonoses/epidemics/pandemics. That's well established in the field of Infectious Disease Epidemiology & Health Sciences:
http://nautil.us/issue/83/intelligence/the-man-who-saw-the-pandemic-coming
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/sunday-review/the-ecology-of-disease.html
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest/

That's also why "social distancing" is now the new buzzzz word.

Last edited:
They're claiming today is the first day China did not report a single new case. Certainly not time to fire up the parade but a glimmer of positive news, let's hope its legit.

They're claiming today is the first day China did not report a single new case. Certainly not time to fire up the parade but a glimmer of positive news, let's hope its legit.

Yeah, after they locked down cities for about 2 months. Unfortunately I think this is what is needed here to get the spread of the virus reduced.
Doesn’t seem like our government is willing to shut down cities yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, after they locked down cities for about 2 months. Unfortunately I think this is that is needed here to get the spread of the virus reduced.
Doesn’t seem like our government is willing to shut down cities yet.

Can you imagine the uproar from the Nanny Staters if the Government did lock down the Country? I think the real issue is that people aren't taking the issue seriously enough.

If your over the age of 65 and retired you should seriously think about at this point to sheltering in place for up to a month.

We are at the verge right now of shutting down hospital units.

After all their lying about this virus, how can anyone believe anything they say?? Perhaps they've stopped testing for it, but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that not one person in that country was reported as a new case. It's considered to be twice as infectious as flu, so no one in China got the flu yesterday either???

If your over the age of 65 and retired you should seriously think about at this point to sheltering in place for up to a month.

We are at the verge right now of shutting down hospital units.

This, at least the up north part. I can't speak to the hospital situation. I'd be the the eff out of here too but the business is 100% the focus as we are pushing our limits, I just hope folks pay their bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back