All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't there a line to call specifically to track and register possible covid cases? 811 is like 3 hour wait times and is for everything. Wouldn't it be advantageous to know where possible hot spots are regionally and maybe check back on possible cases a few days later to see how people are doing?

Why isn't there a line to call specifically to track and register possible covid cases? 811 is like 3 hour wait times and is for everything. Wouldn't it be advantageous to know where possible hot spots are regionally and maybe check back on possible cases a few days later to see how people are doing?

They did announce another line last night.

I think it is 1-800-COVID19. Not trying to be funny but the last 7 numbers are correct, not sure if it was 800 or 888

Edit
Just found this on CBC website.

British Columbia
The B.C. Centre for Disease Control (BCCBC) says to call your health-care provider or 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319), the province's new dedicated coronavirus hotline, if you believe you have symptoms and have been in contact with someone who is known to have the illness. The same applies if you have symptoms and have returned from — or been in contact with someone who has returned from — an area with widespread community transmission of the illness. The BCCDC says: "If you have no symptoms, mild symptoms or you are a returning traveller self-isolating at home, you do not require a test."

From the wifey

Looks like both Canada & the USA are out of the Gate and matching Italy's pace. However hopefully the fact that Canada moved quicker on this will slow us down.

I sure hope the USA can lose some momentum or it's in trouble.

I find it so incredibly frustrating as a business owner that Trudeau has not shut down all non essential services.
All employees are going to work and mingling. People feel an obligation to work because they need to make money to buy food and pay rent.
We are in a situation where there are THOUSANDS of infected people roaming the streets and spreading the virus.
We are going to be shut down anyways in 4 days at most.
Why not do it now?
Business owners all feel like they need to stay open to be eligible for any gov relief as their shutdown wouldn't be voluntary.
We are literally making this disease spread until we get the announcement - what exactly are we waiting for? Trudeau is a complete jackass.

As a society we are currently moving from denial to acceptance that this is a serious unprecedented crisis. The problem is that politicians, are afraid to get ahead of that public acceptance because they think it would cost them politically and they may well be correct. They are afraid to take criticism like "I just lost my job" or "my business just went into bankruptcy and its all your fault and for what, almost no ones sick" not to mention hurt big business and the stock market, so they get political paralysis. That allows the virus to get out of hand and they end up like Italy (which waited to long) and all hell breaks lose and really extreme measures are finally implemented. A few smaller countries got on it earlier and stronger and it is looking like they are going to fair much better. A couple of the Doctors speaking after the PM today referred to a quote to the effect that 'it is about Speed not Perfection'. Waiting to long can also come back to bite them at a later date. China's first inclination was to cover it up and they lost precious weeks and perhaps even the possibility of stopping the entire pandemic in its tracks. When they did get on it, they very commendably did it in an open, big and competent way. This will be studied for years and models are being developed which will be able to calculate how many peopled died that did not need to for each day of delay, something that politicians may be questioned on down the road if we end up like some European countries.

Last edited:
. I would like see CMHC act on the 6 month freeze on mortgages like they just are talking about right now. They announced it on there twitter feed a few days ago.

Saw this today.

The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation said it will support lenders in letting people affected by COVID-19 defer their mortgage payments for up to six months, but CEO Evan Siddall told CTV News there aren't currently any similar plans for renters.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/petition-to-p...ts-due-to-covid-19-signed-by-74-000-1.4855556

I sure hope once this is all behind us and on the mend that the global community holds China responsible for not regulating these markets, attempting to hide the break out which has contributed to virus spread not only just the spread of Coronavirus over the years. They need to play hard ball with the Chinese Goverment through potential sanctions if they choose not to address the root of the problem that effects man kind number one and secondly the livelihoods of many individuals globally, closure of schools and events and the mass debt all countries are going into. Not only are these markets dangerous and spread disease the way they are run they are inhumane to the animals many of which are endangered. Should the global community not apply pressure on these markets where ever they are it's just a matter of time until the next round of infection spreads globally and we maybe in even a worse spot where everyone could die.

On a side note where ever these markets exist in the world they need to be dealt with as I believe some other countries have similar markets with over stuffed cages with all different types of animals some of which have close enough DNA structure to humans where disease can jump to man kind.

Guys - there is info going around that if you or anyone you know is feeling symptoms - NO ADVIL
Advil apparently somehow kickstarts the respiratory effects. TYLENOL ONLY..

I sure hope once this is all behind us and on the mend that the global community holds China responsible for not regulating these markets, attempting to hide the break out which has contributed to virus spread not only just the spread of Coronavirus over the years. They need to play hard ball with the Chinese Goverment through potential sanctions if they choose not to address the root of the problem that effects man kind number one and secondly the livelihoods of many individuals globally, closure of schools and events and the mass debt all countries are going into. Not only are these markets dangerous and spread disease the way they are run they are inhumane to the animals many of which are endangered. Should the global community not apply pressure on these markets where ever they are it's just a matter of time until the next round of infection spreads globally and we maybe in even a worse spot where everyone could die.

On a side note where ever these markets exist in the world they need to be dealt with as I believe some other countries have similar markets with over stuffed cages with all different types of animals some of which have close enough DNA structure to humans where disease can jump to man kind.

Don’t want to turn this political but there has been a world leader, a major world leader that’s been holding their hand to the fire and trying to make a difference when it comes to China.

How long until the crazies start coming out of the wood works. Crime is going to go through the roof here shortly. Even otherwise decent people’s judgement is going to be compromised when the hurt starts to hit home never mind the crazies of this world. All these businesses closed down in these cities and lower foot traffic and presence in the streets. I think the Army and Reserves may be called up, I can see martial law coming into effect ?

Saw this today.

The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation said it will support lenders in letting people affected by COVID-19 defer their mortgage payments for up to six months, but CEO Evan Siddall told CTV News there aren't currently any similar plans for renters.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/petition-to-p...ts-due-to-covid-19-signed-by-74-000-1.4855556

For me I own a rental property that I am still paying a mortgage on. I have been stressed about missed rent payments coming. If this program is real it would help folks like myself when renters cant make payments

I think Air travel and airports are the bigger issue. Within days a virus can be spread from a village somewhere to every corner of the earth. Maybe someone will invent a virus scanner for people. It would be more important than looking for drugs in their luggage.

Just found out a golf tournament was cancelled. 100 guys were entered for a two day event at two courses and both courses cancelled, too many people in close quarters at the end of each day.

I think Air travel and airports are the bigger issue. Within days a virus can be spread from a village somewhere to every corner of the earth. Maybe someone will invent a virus scanner for people. It would be more important than looking for drugs in their luggage.
We were talking of just that today, why do the metal, drug, smuggling security things at the airport not get your body heat?? Tech has to be out there? Anyone running a temp goes to secondary/closer look. I would think it should be a normal thing.

HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back