All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not what I read about a lot of the agreements.
Here.
-To date, the Government of Canada has allocated $1 billion for the five agreements that are in place. This includes some upfront payments that the pharmaceutical companies require to support vaccine development, testing and at-risk manufacturing.

-This investment guarantees Canada’s earliest possible place in production runs.

-Subsequent payments are contingent on the vaccines passing clinical trials and obtaining regulatory approval. All contracts Canada signs with vaccine developers contain off-ramps and exit provisions should they be required.

Last edited by a moderator:
This includes some upfront payments that the pharmaceutical companies require to support vaccine development, testing and at-risk manufacturing.

yes this this what I read, not that there is anything wrong with it.

this reminds me of the whole mask debate where trump tried to stop US company from suppling Canada. They all supplied Canada anyways.

Remember when Trudeau was proclaiming that Canada was sending a cargo plane to get millions of masks from China but they weren’t any for Canada so the plane came back empty? Good times

I think that was in was response to Trump diverting those masks for their own country as Canada had no manufacturing capability

A few days ago Johns Hopkins published a study saying corona is nbd. They then deleted it. Read it here in its entirety.​

EoF0wnzVcAUlhRY

An Italian source?
"

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy"​

I read back in March that some experts were suspecting that it was already circulating globally as early as september of 2019. It's probably in this thread somewhere lol.

36 year old Haleigh Callison
I tested positive on the 10th, was released on the 20th, and I am still beyond fatigued. I have to sleep 12-15 hours a day and still take the other hours really carefully. I consider myself one of the lucky ones to not have had the extreme respiratory issues or high fevers throughout but I am still dealing with the effects and unknown how long for and what the lasting effects will be, because nobody knows this yet. I have 2 friends that contracted this in March, and another in September and each of them STILL is dealing with lung issues, breathing difficulties and energy being off. They are all in their 30's and healthy/active people.
(20) Haleigh Callison | Facebook

Attachments

• haleigh callison.jpg
    haleigh callison.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 11
I think BC is in deep **** if things don't turn around. We as a province can't take that number of fatalities. That really caught me off guard with the death numbers yesterday. Old age home or not. Feel bad for the families especially at Christmas. What absolute ****** time.

I was 100% sure non-essential businesses would stay open. Today not so sure anymore.

F this virus.

I think BC is in deep **** if things don't turn around. We as a province can't take that number of fatalities. That really caught me off guard with the death numbers yesterday. Old age home or not. Feel bad for the families especially at Christmas. What absolute ****** time.

I was 100% sure non-essential businesses would stay open. Today not so sure anymore.

F this virus.

Bonni Henry said yesterday that the vast majority are doing a good job at following the measures. So either the case count is going to come down or they are gonna have to try something different then just people don't see anyone when you are at home.

I'm sure most are doing the same and from the people i talk to it seems that way. Go to school, go to work, go home and only see people you live with.

just going to take a few more weeks for the measures they have put in place to take effect. It takes about a month to bend the curve. If they don't work well then what's left? school and business then the lock down pain will really take effect. Deaths are a lagging indicator they were already baked into the high case count. As she says watch the 7 day rolling average for cases you want to see it come down.

I think will be okay tho just gotta give the measures time.

Just learned of an outbreak here in Port.
A school that is...

Make that FOUR schools! Sheesh!

Nog

Last edited:
Lots of people who are either in denial or just don’t care!
There are lots of this going on Province Wide.
This is one example in Victoria just this weekend.
And with Christmas right around the corner, I fear it's only going to get worse!
I saw a person with a sign "God is bigger than Covid"
God help us!!
“Victoria police broke up two house parties Saturday night and issued one ticket of $230 and one ticket of $2,300 for violating the province’s COVID-19 rules.
Police Chief Del Manak said in a Twitter message that party-goers lied to police about the number of guests at the parties and tried to hide in bedrooms and closets.”
https://www.timescolonist.com/news/...kets-for-two-weekend-house-parties-1.24247855

Everyone bears the health risk of the current moment. Not everyone faces losing their employment or their business. The latter deserve better thoughts, maybe more understanding, than have been shown by the better off and more comfortably situated.

Lots of people who are either in denial or just don’t care!
There are lots of this going on Province Wide.
This is one example in Victoria just this weekend.
And with Christmas right around the corner, I fear it's only going to get worse!
I saw a person with a sign "God is bigger than Covid"
God help us!!
“Victoria police broke up two house parties Saturday night and issued one ticket of $230 and one ticket of $2,300 for violating the province’s COVID-19 rules.
Police Chief Del Manak said in a Twitter message that party-goers lied to police about the number of guests at the parties and tried to hide in bedrooms and closets.”
https://www.timescolonist.com/news/...kets-for-two-weekend-house-parties-1.24247855

Just like the post above/others you are not going change people's minds on here, or out in the world. There will always be people who blame everyone else, and have all the answers no matter what they are told.

People don't like to be inconvenienced and that is more why you are seeing these push backs, and preaching. Best thing you can do is protect yourself and your family. Ignore the people in denial. In the end really who cares anyway. They are the ones that just look ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back