All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of these company’s are not having a choice but to reduced their hours as their employees are forced to stay home and look after their children.

Personally, I could care less about the things that I could or could not have right now. My heart goes out to all the people who are are sick or dieing from other ailments whom are now isolated and cannot see their friends and families or even have visitors of any sort. They don't have Corona and are not being separated because of it...they have other issues and are now stuck in the middle alone. Hospitals, hospices and other institutions are locking down and allowing no visitors, regardless of being family or close friends. Some people are dieing alone in their last bit of time on earth. Sad things that are happening that we don't normally even think of. The effects of Coronavirus are deep and wide. This event is more than you think but it is also less than it is.

Yes, hospitals are restricting access in many areas. Japan, Quebec, and likely all of Canada, very soon. From Quebec.ca:

“Starting March 14, 2020, non-essential visits to hospitals, residential and long-term car centres, intermediate resources, targeted family-type resources and private senior’s residence will be prohibited to protect the most vulnerable individuals and workers in the health and social services network.“

Italy reports record 368 new coronavirus deaths in one day

https://www.axios.com/italy-new-coronavirus-deaths-0150a1c9-d74a-4dd8-9e22-3c716c1690ce.html\\

he Italian government reported 368 new deaths from the coronavirus on Sunday, the largest 24-hour increase since the country confirmed its first case, according to AP.

Why it matters: The surge of deaths comes despite extensive government measures to stem the rapidly spreading virus, including internal travel restrictions, bans on all public gatherings and sports, and closures of all retailers that do not sell "essential items."

By the numbers: Italy reported 3,590 new cases of the virus, bringing its total to 24,747. At least 1,809 people have died from the virus in Italy, making it the largest outbreak outside of China.

The big picture: The virus is straining Italy's health care system, especially in the country's northern provinces, PBS reports. Some hospitals in the Lombardy region are unable to admit new patients.

• Many hospitals are struggling to find intensive care beds for critically ill patients, and there is a lack of protective masks for health workers.

Have a friend that works at save on, They just got told if they have any vacation or time off to cancel it and come to work. Also heard that they may be shutting down everything expect grocery stores and pharma stores.

I own a small business and likely will have to lay off everyone today regardless of Trudeau announcement.
This is going to be complete **** show.
I hope people will get a lot of government assistance or could get ugly.

I went shopping at 7:00am today. Got everything on the list. I had to get sphagattini instead of sphagetti, crisis averted. People were civil, but focussed on getting in and out.
Next is to hit the seedling and seed store in case it closes then build a cold frame out of used junk.
The many house DIY projects will start, depending on supply store availablity.
Same goes for boat projects.

It will be interesting to see if our contracted kitchen project happens, or if the parts supply and trades can get it done on schedule.
Meanwhile, as I've said to my wife a few too many times, when I empty the dishwasher and put the dishes in the old cabinets, they don't fall out.

Lying. Contradicting the best Canadian Doctors working with the WHO (previously posted video).
Appears to be making chit up as he goes along.
The Incompetence is overwhelming...
Typical...

Nog

I don't get it. What kind of politics are going on that we close down the world but are not closing the US border to general travel. Especially here in BC where we have Washinton State which is COVID-19 central for the US. The rationalizations about integrated commerce and the supply chain etc. makes no sense to me. Simply allow the cargo planes, ships, trucks and trains to keep operating. If it gets really bad have the trucks load a container in Canada and drop it off over the border and pick up an American container and bring it back and repeat. No need for the driver to even get out of the cab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back