All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am screwed right now like all the other BC businesses right now. So this thing isn't a joke anymore, and now I am concerned. Most of us won't be able to afford toilet paper soon. So maybe it was warranted.

Dude...... this is a corona virus thread now. No idea what 'your' thread was about ... asking if we were stockpiling or something but the
answers and questions are likely a lot different from a week ago.

The point is we are in a very different place than we were a week or two ago. A very different place. And we will be in a different (likely not better) place a week from now. It has nothing to do with your thread.
I joked about this virus being a non issue...but that was wrong. This is a big deal, medically and otherwise.

There is a worldwide pandemic. The markets are free falling. Countries are shutting down borders. And, we as a country are just barely in the beginning stages of what is going to come.

As you know, there are a LOT of countries that are on full lockdown and quarantine. Lockdown means people don't leave their house unless they have a pass or are part of the relevant workforce and are allowed to go to work.
Knowingly infected people are going to jail for up to 12 years in Italy.
It appears as though the world is going from all the freedoms we enjoyed to Martial Law (suspension of rights) in a matter of a month..
What will historians say when they look back at 2020?
Haha, why call me out if you don't know what my my thread was about. REALLY ????
Oh by the way you don't need to tell me about it , I'm on the front lines of this situation and deal with it every single day. Stay safe and STAY INFORMED.

The TP issue is the least of any ones issues. Tp is made locally and they have ramped production way up.

The more concerning issue is they have warned business now that they need to be prepared to shut down for 3 week. Most small bruises can’t eat that kind of expense.

The reason the stock market has freaked out is there is a real chance we could be heading into a depression.

Hope all the freaking out is for nothing but seems this thing has the potential to get very nasty.

The worst part about this is most businesses peak season is comming up.

The TP issue is the least of any ones issues. Tp is made locally and they have ramped production way up.

The more concerning issue is they have warned business now that they need to be prepared to shut down for 3 week. Most small bruises can’t eat that kind of expense.

The reason the stock market has freaked out is there is a real chance we could be heading into a depression.

Hope all the freaking out is for nothing but seems this thing has the potential to get very nasty.

The worst part about this is most businesses peak season is comming up.

Yep lost two good customers until late April in just two days because of people gathering scenario.

This happened at worst time possible for BC tourism. Some businesses I know were getting ready for the annual trade shows three of them held across Canada this weekend. All of those were cancelled and many wholesaling companies go to these shows to get there orders for the spring/summer. Many pay to ship items/there and set up. Many will not be able to qualify for the loans Canadian government are offering on top of loans they took out for inventory etc. I would expect retailers need to be able to weather at least 4 months with limited income or face bankruptcy. So you can sort of see what is driving the shopping panic. People worried they won't have money coming up.

If you look at just the fishing industry for example with this years fishing retrictions, and customers with no cash this could be a very bad scenario coming up.

I wish this thing would get lost!

50% reduction in ferry service ?
now the remaining ferries will be overcrowded
good planning !
Way less people are travelling. Also keep in mind the ferries only used to run on odd hours not that many years ago.

No stockpile other than what we already keep around the house for convenience. Did the weekly grocery run yesterday and the shelves were a bit sparse but nothing crazy, no line at the tills. Not concerned financially, work is steady, no debt and we keep a sizeable emergency fund. That money has saved us in the past and I'd rather have that than a fancier boat or truck.

50% reduction in ferry service ?
now the remaining ferries will be overcrowded
good planning !
Essentially BC ferry is maintaining its winter type schedule and not going with its planned spring break/holiday increase. Just consolidating empty boats into 1/3 full...

yeah it was a silly question so i deleted it. altho who knows how long this is going to last something i read said at least till june.

Because I would be more than happy to go to an empty fishing lodge in buttfack nowhere right now for a bit......but I gotta go to work because the navy wants to get 3 boats off the wall ASAP in case **** gets real. I'm thinking won't be many days off in my immediate future

Personally, I could care less about the things that I could or could not have right now. My heart goes out to all the people who are are sick or dieing from other ailments whom are now isolated and cannot see their friends and families or even have visitors of any sort. They don't have Corona and are not being separated because of it...they have other issues and are now stuck in the middle alone. Hospitals, hospices and other institutions are locking down and allowing no visitors, regardless of being family or close friends. Some people are dieing alone in their last bit of time on earth. Sad things that are happening that we don't normally even think of. The effects of Coronavirus are deep and wide. This event is more than you think but it is also less than it is.

I know you're trying to help but this not happening here in BC. There are protocols here, that I read, and I'll try to find links and post. If you know something that I don't please share the link but this is not helpful.

Very Informative Video.
I rather strongly suggest that those who are under 50 and think of themselves as somehow "invincible" in this matter have a boo:

I know you are trying to debunk everything that you disagree with, however it is real. A mother and daughter from the interior of BC travelled a long way from home to Vancouver Island this weekend to visit and stay alongside their dieing family member...they had set aside almost a week to do so only to find out that they would not be allowed to share any time with the patient who is under hospice care for a different illness. So due to Coronavirus protocols the family was rejected access.

So, you are mistaken again...
By all means share the link to this information so that we can judge if it's valid. There is much mis-information as well as dis-information on the internet regarding stories like this.

What I can tell you that at this is not the information that is coming from trusted sources. In fact here in BC we have a nursing home that is the center for the first death here in BC. Maybe you heard of it Lynn Valley Care. Here is a link to their website that has 3 pdfs that if you curious you may want to read.

If your story is true then they failed protocol by being sick themselfs.

https://lynnvalleycare.com/announcements/

My son was at our local butcher yesterday, its a medium sized shop I would say, top quality in house stuff all around anyways,, head meat curry was telling him that since opening at 9:00 am until 14:00 hrs is when he was there they had sold $10,000 worth of beef mostly burger already. He’s never witnessed anything like it in over 30 years in business.

I'm not buying any of this craziness, the amount of people sick, compared to the amount of deaths with validated info DOES NOT warrant the total absolute craziness the world is experiencing right now. I know someone will say but maybe it will turn out bad. Whatever.... Plain truth is NOT demonstrating that. Look at the CDC own site on what to do if sick, looks to be exactly like the annual bug. Stay home, not world ending, high death rate human extinction event every one is playing like..

Even Trudope says he has not been tested and his wife is "confirmed" to have??? That not make one say WTF.

What is happening right now in the world will be remembered and have long remembered/felt negative effects on Canadians lives long after people forget the latest craze "flue".

A great thing would be for Canada to give us money at 0 interest, I want all I can get of that. Doors would open wide with OPM $$$.

HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back