All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about redid my mortgage last Thursday, even with the penalty (still had 3 years on this term ) I would save $16,000. Will see what happens Monday I think I’ll wait till Tuesday and get it done should be even lower may end up saving over 20, darn good savings there.

Just about redid my mortgage last Thursday, even with the penalty (still had 3 years on this term ) I would save $16,000. Will see what happens Monday I think I’ll wait till Tuesday and get it done should be even lower may end up saving over 20, darn good savings there.

Sit back and see if the banks actually pass the savings on to the borrower. But this is definitely a good refi opportunity for sure.

Sit back and see if the banks actually pass the savings on to the borrower. But this is definitely a good refi opportunity for sure.

They should to a certain point, I can see 2.00% easily. I was in at 3.29 ish I believe, Last week it was down to 2.64. I can realistically see 2 maybe less but not much.

No, they were turned away flat out by reception. The information is through real world personal interaction through first party conversation.

You really do act like someone who is purely desperate to be continuously and systematically correct all the time. You surely are not an authority and I certainly don't care what you think about any information that I openly share, nor am I in anyway obligated to prove anything to you what so ever. That's real. :)

No that's not it, I would be happy to be wrong as that's serious if we can't visit loved ones that are in terminal care. There must be some reason that those 2 were turned down. I for one would like to know why. Just saying it's covid-19 is not enough for me to question your report. If you don't know that's fine I'll drop it.

No that's not it, I would be happy to be wrong as that's serious if we can't visit loved ones that are in terminal care. There must be some reason that those 2 were turned down. I for one would like to know why. Just saying it's covid-19 is not enough for me to question your report. If you don't know that's fine I'll drop it.
It's true, my wife works in the er, she got a email about it today

Reactions: GLG
They should to a certain point, I can see 2.00% easily. I was in at 3.29 ish I believe, Last week it was down to 2.64. I can realistically see 2 maybe less but not much.

I hope you're right. I just remember the 08 stimulus that was put into place for the credit crunch, the banks sure did seem to slow walk those cheap investor funds to us little guys.

Are you quoting 5 year closed figures?

EDMONTON -- The Alberta government will shut down all schools, post-secondary institutions and daycares due to the "unprecedented" threat of COVID-19, it announced at a news conference on Sunday.

While schools will be closed to students, the province said teachers and other school staff will be expected to continue their regular day-to-day operations and administrative work.

At this time, diploma exams for Grade 12 students will still go ahead. The province expects that any student who is eligible to graduate from Grade 12 this year will still graduate.

Licensed child care, out-of-school care and preschool programs in the province are now closed, but the province said approved day homes would be exempt because they care for fewer than seven children at a time.

The province also said that places of worship are now being asked to cancel services, in addition to an earlier recommendation that all gatherings of 250 people or more be cancelled.

Under the new guidelines, any event with 50 or more attendees or events with international participants, critical infrastructure staff, seniors or other high-risk populations should be cancelled.

More here
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/students-are-expected-to-stay-home-alberta-schools-daycares-to-close-over-covid-19-concerns-1.4853911

I hope you're right. I just remember the 08 stimulus that was put into place for the credit crunch, the banks sure did seem to slow walk those cheap investor funds to us little guys.

Are you quoting 5 year closed figures?

Yes. I deal with the ATB but I’m sure all are close.

Dealing directly with any Canadian Bank is a POSITIVE way to get screwed. They post billion dollar quarterly profits for a reason. Do a little due diligence and you WILL save money. How many very rich people do you know who says differently????? Banks job is to keep you poor. Not discussable. To borrow $$$ as a normal person go to a professional broker.

HM

I just had to go to three grocery stores to gather ingredients for a simple dinner tonight. I was told at one of the stores there's going to be a problem with supply of produce this coming week.
One of the stores I was in was virtually wiped out. There were no bread products except hotdog buns, not one canned vegetable, no rice and no pasta. All completely wiped out. Meat was pretty thin pickings, too. Sad... very sad.

Hahah...lol, the latest to hit the rumor mill: Trudeau may shut down Canada as early as next week.

Let's hope that one is BS.

One long cold winter for sure. :)

March 30th was an option put forward for shutting down between us and Canada

These simulations show how to flatten the coronavirus growth curve.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

brm-k7lU

Lots of retailers now announcing they are closing for the next two weeks

Last edited:
Yep. They also expect the closure to be up to 30 days. Two weeks is signaled in order to help ease panic. They have also readied military. What it all means is UNKNOWN.

Long cold winter for sure. Is not exactly the same as the weather, but significant none the less.

I agree it is going to shut down. They have to do it now. If anyone is watching Italian news may want to see what happened. Deaths spiked hard last 24 hrs. Holy cow.

Received a note from the CEO of Canadian Tire this afternoon. While their Marks and Sportcheck brands will be restricting their hours, CT will be staying open.....there is a God! Frankly, I could give a rats butt about the closures of Lululemmon and Lush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back