All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
This vid is American oriented but puts some scale to the quick work of the virus compared to the usual culprits vis a vis mortalities.

Take care.

70% alcohol hand sanitizer removes dried acrylic latex trim paint splatter from brand new cabinets. It was only discovered while we were cleaning up once the door pulls were put on, which was today. 20 tiny white spots about a week old, but still ...

In terms of my risk to getting Covid is it higher now or will it be higher/Lower in August?

It’s not that different from a lot of communicable stuff.

Our parents grew up with things like polio, mumps, measles and TB among others.

The death rate from those viruses can be quit high.

Out breaks of measles still happen despite having a vaccines for years. When I was younger there was a campaign to bring measles to its kneesles. They tried to eliminate it in Canada.

If covid is like the others then it’s going to behave similar.

That’s why I asked the question is my risk of getting covid greater now then it will be in the summer??

It’s not that different from a lot of communicable stuff.

Our parents grew up with things like polio, mumps, measles and TB among others.

The death rate from those viruses can be quit high.

Out breaks of measles still happen despite having a vaccines for years. When I was younger there was a campaign to bring measles to its kneesles. They tried to eliminate it in Canada.

If covid is like the others then it’s going to behave similar.

That’s why I asked the question is my risk of getting covid greater now then it will be in the summer??
It's much less now. August will surely be a cluster.

WHO reports largest one-day jump in global coronavirus cases

From CNN Health’s Ben Tinker

Tedros Adhanom-Ghebreyesus, director-general of the World Health Organization, on Wednesday said that more cases had been reported to the agency in the past 24 hours than any time since the novel coronavirus pandemic began.

“We still have a long way to go in this pandemic,” Tedros said at a briefing in Geneva. “In the last 24 hours, there have been 106,000 cases reported to WHO -- the most in a single day since the outbreak began. Almost two-thirds of these cases were reported in just four countries.”
Those four countries are the United States, Russia, Brazil and India, WHO infectious disease epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkhove confirmed to CNN.

It is important to note: There can be delays in reporting at many points in the process, so this single-day high does not mean that these 106,000 people were infected, tested or counted in the past 24 hours.

CNN relies exclusively on Johns Hopkins University for its case and death counts, but the world’s preeminent health agency making this announcement today is newsworthy.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jo...-at-canadas-airports-during-covid-19-lockdown

This is unreal. What a joke! We are on lock down and are afraid to travel outside our community, but Trudeau still has international flights coming in daily. We are told to not go to vacation property's but planes still landing from over seas.
This is nonsense. Ivison is trying to make, at best, a mountain out of a molehill or at worst pushing red meat to the uninformed base to score political points. They need to firm up the base to stop the bleeding. Stuff like this does explain why the conservatives are constantly dropping in the polls IMHO. I think Canadians are smarter than this and can see right through it.

This is nonsense. Ivison is trying to make, at best, a mountain out of a molehill or at worst pushing red meat to the uninformed base to score political points. They need to firm up the base to stop the bleeding. Stuff like this does explain why the conservatives are constantly dropping in the polls IMHO. I think Canadians are smarter than this and can see right through it.
As long as quarantine restrictions are in place and followed - and travel is based on "needs" verses "vacation" (and that needs to be spelled-out) - I think there should be some limited travel allowed. I didn't read where Ivison weighed his article with these points.

Also didn't see the need to add - at the end of his piece: "It turns out he could have got a return flight to Addis Adaba for half the price." - unless he was just trying to inflame everyone. He could have just as easily said "Washington" or "Calgary" - but instead chose a Amharic (Islamic-sounding) African Capital.

Anyways, onto more COVID news...

I currently have a flight to Addis Adaba booked for 24 June returning to TO 6 Aug. Really still holding out its a go???? No official word yet.

HM

I dont think its a coincidence that you cant find the term "state of emergency" in that article

State of emergency in B.C. extended to at least May 26

Powers of minister in declared state of emergency
10 (1)After a declaration of a state of emergency is made under section 9 (1) and for the duration of the state of emergency, the minister may do all acts and implement all procedures that the minister considers necessary to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or a disaster, including any or all of the following:

(a)implement a Provincial emergency plan or any Provincial emergency measures;

(b)authorize a local authority to implement a local emergency plan or emergency measures for all or any part of the jurisdictional area for which the local authority has responsibility;

(c)require a local authority for a municipality or an electoral area to implement a local emergency plan or emergency measures for all or any part of the municipality or electoral area for which the local authority has responsibility;

(d)acquire or use any land or personal property considered necessary to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster;

(e)authorize or require any person to render assistance of a type that the person is qualified to provide or that otherwise is or may be required to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster;

(f)control or prohibit travel to or from any area of British Columbia;

(g)provide for the restoration of essential facilities and the distribution of essential supplies and provide, maintain and coordinate emergency medical, welfare and other essential services in any part of British Columbia;

(h)cause the evacuation of persons and the removal of livestock, animals and personal property from any area of British Columbia that is or may be affected by an emergency or a disaster and make arrangements for the adequate care and protection of those persons, livestock, animals and personal property;

(i)authorize the entry into any building or on any land, without warrant, by any person in the course of implementing an emergency plan or program or if otherwise considered by the minister to be necessary to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster;

(j)cause the demolition or removal of any trees, structures or crops if the demolition or removal is considered by the minister to be necessary or appropriate in order to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster;

(k)construct works considered by the minister to be necessary or appropriate to prevent, respond to or alleviate the effects of an emergency or disaster;

(l)procure, fix prices for or ration food, clothing, fuel, equipment, medical supplies or other essential supplies and the use of any property, services, resources or equipment within any part of British Columbia for the duration of the state of emergency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back