A big "Thank You" to River Sportsman in Campbell River.

Cuba Libre

I have my young granddaughters visiting from the Peace country--- They really like going fishing with Gramps... so after getting them psyched with fishing at CR , I got on the DFO web licencing site. Now both the kids had E- licences last year-- so I figured it would not be an issue getting a licence---WRONG!!!! It kept asking for 3 step verification.. Huh? Finally it gave me a prompt to phone into DFO and they would get back to me in two days!!!!! CRAP!

I phoned River Sportsman in Campbell River, and they said "No problem-- just come in before you go out tomorrow.. " True to their word, I had the kid's licences in 5 min. Another gentleman right behind us had the same problem, and they got a licence for him too... Sure is nice to speak to a person, rather than a robot ! We came home with a bunch or crabs and a few bottomfish and a sun tan!!!

Nice to see the personal touch is still available if needed. Glad you had a good day with your granddaughters.

I don't live up Island but I deal with River Sportsman about a half dozen times a year. They have always been great in the service and knowledge end. I even bought my most recent pair of waders there this year. Yep long drive from Sidney to Campbell River just for Waders!

X2 I live down island and was interested in a TFO rod they had in stock.Shipped to my door $30 cheaper than if I
bought it directly from TFO themselves(off season sale price).I'd deal with them again in a heartbeat!

Back