A big Thank You to Tuff Trailers and Bill Howich Chrysler marine

Bryan Allen

In 2019 I purchased a new single axel, Tuff aluminum trailer from Bill Howich Marine Div. in Campbell River. It is a great trailer for my Alumaweld Intruder 20ft boat. Very easy to launch and recover the boat by myself EXCEPT when there is a cross breeze pushing the boat to one side or the other. Obvious solution was to install side guides. So I purchased a pair from Bill Howich and they installed them. They worked just great until the weld between the pieces of heavy guage aluminum failed and one side fell off on my road. I got it rewelded and then a year later, a lady flagged me down in Courtenay and told me something fell off my trailer. It was the otherside weld that broke . Fast forward to this spring.. I was up at Bill Howich to get a new (lifetime warantee ) trailer LED light that failed. While I was there I showed them a picture of the weld failure on the guide. I told them because of time passed I wasnt looking for anything except to let them know that Tuff should be told about the failures. To my suprise, I got a call this morning from Howich to come up and get a pair of new trailer guides from Tuff. It happened because Barb at Howich sent a pic of the broken weld to Tuff Trailers, and since they had seen another weld failure they took the step to fix the problem and send me upgraded guides. Now we are not talking big money, but they didnt have to help as there was no warantee applicable. It is sure encouraging to see both companies step up to help out . THANK YOU Bill Howich.

In 2019 I purchased a new single axel, Tuff aluminum trailer from Bill Howich Marine Div. in Campbell River. It is a great trailer for my Alumaweld Intruder 20ft boat. Very easy to launch and recover the boat by myself EXCEPT when there is a cross breeze pushing the boat to one side or the other. Obvious solution was to install side guides. So I purchased a pair from Bill Howich and they installed them. They worked just great until the weld between the pieces of heavy guage aluminum failed and one side fell off on my road. I got it rewelded and then a year later, a lady flagged me down in Courtenay and told me something fell off my trailer. It was the otherside weld that broke . Fast forward to this spring.. I was up at Bill Howich to get a new (lifetime warantee ) trailer LED light that failed. While I was there I showed them a picture of the weld failure on the guide. I told them because of time passed I wasnt looking for anything except to let them know that Tuff should be told about the failures. To my suprise, I got a call this morning from Howich to come up and get a pair of new trailer guides from Tuff. It happened because Barb at Howich sent a pic of the broken weld to Tuff Trailers, and since they had seen another weld failure they took the step to fix the problem and send me upgraded guides. Now we are not talking big money, but they didnt have to help as there was no warantee applicable. It is sure encouraging to see both companies step up to help out . THANK YOU Bill Howich.
I deal with them with them for all my boating and RV repairs. Dave, Corey and Barb are great people to deal with.

Good to hear since I bought a 8500lbs Tuff Trailer form them in 2019 as well. So far so good.....

Back