80 CM SPRING WEIGHT-$1000 REWARD- FOR MYSTICAL 20LB SPRINGS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES from day one just to stir it up .....Do you really think a derby who has a board with measurement and then weighed is going to cheat out say the 75 to 150 guys by saying the fish wasnt legal??. this whole thread is to put one fisherman against another nothing more, and should have never been allowed to even be posted....

Lol pot meet kettle. Stirring a pot and putting fishermen against one another lol. Nope but maybe take a look in the mirror yourself there Wolf. Shall I post up a link to all kinds of comments and threads you have tried to stir pots on and which result in multiple members fighting against one another whether it be fish politics, regs, etc.. Give me a break.

This thread was to have some fun and find out if there are real 20 lb 80cm fish out there. I'm sure as most others can see and are trying to catch one to win free money why wouldn't they. I could care less if one fisherman likes another.

As for derby's which one are you referring to? If that derby had the same rules I have in effect and practiced them and I speak with the person that weighed and gutted the fish, and I compare my calibrated scale to theirs and they are both the same then I would honor the $ payment. That is fine with me. But if it's the derby I'm thinking about I'm pretty sure they don't gut the fish after weighing but lets find out.

I don't enter derby's for a couple reasons first off I think it takes something away from the peacefulness of being out there fishing for the fun of it and for other reasons that I have experienced a couple times long ago with how derby's are ran and the rules that are in place to ensure ALL fishermen are honest.
That being said It's easy to see that there are fishermen on this forum that enjoy derbies and competition. So this is here for them to have yet another way to win a derby/competition.

So if you or others are so sure there are 20lb 80 cm Springs out there then go catch one and get some free $ while your at it. Ya that sure sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Let's get the thread back on track for those that want to be in this 20# derby. If you don't want to be or you don't agree with this thread then you need not be apart of it.

The rules are simple, clear and easy to comprehend. Good luck!!

I for one am confused at why so many are pissed off and getting heated at this thread. I thought it was an honest chance to prove a point either way and maybe get some moola. Rules were posted at onset, seam fairly straight forward and easy to follow. I do wish Duncan had known about competition (you get on a flasher/gear I sold you??) as soon as it was weighed I would have called Chasin' Dreams and met him half way. Hoped it did not loose the half pound before we met, I assume both certified scales would match. I fail to see any reason to get upset or angered.

Chasin'Dreams I am fishing like a fool, if I get a certified one over 20 I will be calling. Odds are your keeping your money. My opinion =dam good offer.

HM

I for one am confused at why so many are pissed off and getting heated at this thread. I thought it was an honest chance to prove a point either way and maybe get some moola. Rules were posted at onset, seam fairly straight forward and easy to follow. I do wish Duncan had known about competition (you get on a flasher/gear I sold you??) as soon as it was weighed I would have called Chasin' Dreams and met him half way. Hoped it did not loose the half pound before we met, I assume both certified scales would match. I fail to see any reason to get upset or angered.

Chasin'Dreams I am fishing like a fool, if I get a certified one over 20 I will be calling. Odds are your keeping your money. My opinion =dam good offer.

HM

I know man lol you see it how I see it and most do. There will always be negative cranky F'rs around here lol. Some stay pretty consistent at that. I'm also fishing like a fool too to see if I find one as well!! I'm going fishing with my daughter tomorrow and she actually had the gumtion to ask me today if she gets the grand if she catches a 20# 80 cm fish on my boat with me :D I said we'd split it since It's my boat and gear lol.

If folks think they have a legit 20# 80cm fish just PM me here on the forum with your phone number and I will call you right away. I check the forum regularly and it sends me emails when I get a message through this site.

I know man lol you see it how I see it and most do. There will always be negative cranky F'rs around here lol. Some stay pretty consistent at that. I'm also fishing like a fool too to see if I find one as well!! I'm going fishing with my daughter tomorrow and she actually had the gumtion to ask me today if she gets the grand if she catches a 20# 80 cm fish on my boat with me :D I said we'd split it since It's my boat and gear lol.

If folks think they have a legit 20# 80cm fish just PM me here on the forum with your phone number and I will call you right away. I check the forum regularly and it sends me emails when I get a message through this site.
My fingers are crossed, it would be awesome if she managed to get "the" fish tomorrow.

HM

Okay I am Duncan aka Discus.
Yesterday I caught a 20.50 lbs chinnok which was digitally weighed.. it might be a commerical scale. You can ask Cheanuh Marina.
They have an aluminum measurement device. From the head to the fork tail my fish read 80cm firm.
I caught the fish on the bait and I measured on a sticker ..it said 78 1/4 before I killed it.
I put the fish in the cooler box.
I won the derby with the fish being 20.50 lbs.
The Second place was 20.17 lbs
The third place was 20.09 lbs.
I saw your offer that made me interested but you didnt provide the phone number or email.
FYI I am deaf. I am a true passionate fisherman my whole life. I truly respect the rules and the communities but I just want a chance at the prize you are offering. You can ask Cheanuh Marina and maybe bring your scale and measuring tool to them and see if they are the same. I also had 3 witnesses to everything.

Thank you
Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Yes it's unfortunate you did not get a hold of me and follow my rules as clearly stated the fish must be measured, weighed by me and then GUTTED by me with you and a witness there to varify. We would have calibrated the scale together prior to the weigh as well. (as I have done with others as well). I also read the rules of the derby you were in and they did not gut your fish after weighing it. You could have also froze your fish after catching it and then got ahold of me through this site.

Duncan keep fishing and if you get another 80 cm 20# Spring then message me through this site and I will call you right away to meet up just like any one else can.

Wow eh three over 20# springs at 80 cm's that's just unbelievable!! So odd that none of those three fishermen knew of this contest to get their fish checked by me to win a free $500 or $1000 now!!! ...

Hi Duncan,

Yes it's unfortunate you did not get a hold of me and follow my rules as clearly stated the fish must be measured, weighed by me and then GUTTED by me with you and a witness there to varify. We would have calibrated the scale together prior to the weigh as well. (as I have done with others as well). I also read the rules of the derby you were in and they did not gut your fish after weighing it. You could have also froze your fish after catching it and then got ahold of me through this site.

Duncan keep fishing and if you get another 80 cm 20# Spring then message me through this site and I will call you right away to meet up just like any one else can.

Wow eh three over 20# springs at 80 cm's that's just unbelievable!! So odd that none of those three fishermen knew of this contest to get their fish checked by me to win a free $500 or $1000 now!!! ...

Hey I didnt know that you wanted me to put the fish in freezer... that is new information to me after I went to the derby.

Where are you located? Just curious because you driving to verify a non-gutted fish has to be timed quite specifically. I think this contest is a lost cause.
Why don't you contact Cheanuh Marina ..there are more than 3 witnesses out there..

I'm not going to repeat the rules again for you Duncan. They have been here posted on this site for weeks. Not my fault you didn't see this thread. We are not going to go back in time.

And the derby also didn't gutt your fish, nor anyone elses...

If you want to try to win any $ from my offer here you will have to abide by the rules just like everyone else has. You are not an exception to these rules.

I am about an hour boat ride away from Sidney which would be about the same for anyone in the Sooke area driving.

Discussion over. Good luck fishing!

Stupidest.

Thread.

EVER

I agree this thread was started on the premise that a fish measuring 80cm and over 15 pounds was an exceeding rare fish maybe even non existent. Now we have had multiple derby verified fish over 20# so perhaps fish weighing 17-20 pounds and under 80 not so rare after all.

eather way the point of this thread was to prove that these 20 pound 80cm fish don’t exist and derby verified is good enough for me to say they do.

And recently at a fish cleaning table the other day we weighed ours and other fishermen's slot sized Springs that were all close to 80 cm's... there wasn't a single one over 14.3 lbs. Most were 12 to 13 and a half. The 14.3 was a fat *******. Funny though some of those fishermen swore their fish were 17 to 20 lbs :)

So I just thought I'd throw this out there to put a final rest to whether or not there are these mystical 20# 80cm Spring Salmon creatures swimming around in our waters
[/QUOTE]

I agree this thread was started on the premise that a fish measuring 80cm and over 15 pounds was an exceeding rare fish maybe even non existent. Now we have had multiple derby verified fish over 20# so perhaps fish weighing 17-20 pounds and under 80 not so rare after all.

eather way the point of this thread was to prove that these 20 pound 80cm fish don’t exist and derby verified is good enough for me to say they do.
[/QUOTE]

Yet there has not been one single guide from the West Coast or the East Coast or the Southern Coast that has reported catching a single 20# 80cm Spring confirmed. Which includes myself and I've weighed not only my own, my customers, my families fish, but also a lot of other fishermens fish. And the guides are out several times a week catching more fish than mostly any recreational fishermen. Odd isn't it? What's more odd is that I have been in contact with guides and friends from both coasts and the southern island and have been asking them to keep track of their 80 cm slot fishes weights and yup, not a single one has been over 15 that they are weighing. Same with all the ones I've caught, weighed and other I've weighed for other people. I've got a buddy that has been fishing with his family in Nootka this season for two different trips. They didn't have to follow the slots but were weighing their fish. Any of their Springs close to 80 cm's didn't come close to 20 either. We weighed a couple super fat 80's this season ourselves as well. They were just under 15. I've seen a lot of Springs in my lifetime. I know a very fat fish when I see them and hold them. Our big butt fat greasy Nootka fish that was 82 cm's was still only 16#
My conclusion about that derby is that either their scale was off like a lot of others I have seen are or there were other things that influenced the fishes weight.
And if there are that many of them out there that three can be weighed in to a 2 day derby do you not think a lot of us would have been coming across with same results especially in the same area.

The whole point of this thread (imo) was buddy genuinely didn’t believe 80cm 20# fish exist. So confident so that he offered a prize to prove it. Now that clearly they DO exist we have to get down to the fine print here to collect the prize. Very odd. I didn’t weigh it and don’t have a pic on hand but we caught a spring last September. Had to be maybe 85 cents maybe little more. It was almost as fat as it was long. An absolute obese ****** pig of a fish. From that one fish alone I will never disagree with any length/ weight assumptions. 20 # 80 Centers most definitely exist. Save yourself the prize money.

this thread has been a good read tho.

As much as I respect CD and his opinion on fishing related issues I will say one thing I’ve learned in life is, “ Never Say Never” it can come back to bite you in the arss.

I will say fish from different areas are totally different ive got fish in knight inlet that I thought were a tyee and no as they are longer up there Ive got fat footballs that weighed more then I thought point is , it can and did happen .... end of story ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back