• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
The only vintage gear that I have is my little collection of Krippled K spoons.

The shiny silver one with translucent green in the top row is the most successful piece of gear I own. Basically every time I put it in the water it catches something, even if that's only an undersized fish. My favourite unexpected catch on it was a searun trout near the mouth of Cypress Creek.

krippled.jpg

I know how much you guys like your krippled k spoons. Well, This is where it all started. Hand made proto types from Al McKnight himself, Of the McKnight special that krippled k's were a copy of.

Attachments

• Resized_20181230_173715_2183.jpeg
    Resized_20181230_173715_2183.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
That's a really cool chunk of history...thanks for sharing. Not sure how you would go about ending up with that collection but you seem like a great caretaker!
Lived here in Port Angeles my whole life and always close to the fishing community,Thirty years of looking for and collecting old fishing history from around the area has uncovered some pretty cool stuff.

I know how much you guys like your krippled k spoons. Well, This is where it all started. Hand made proto types from Al McKnight himself, Of the McKnight special that krippled k's were a copy of.
Also worth noting is that the Al McKnight Shannon speaks of is the the Al of Abe & Al flasher fame.

Al McKnight designed three spoons, The Al Mc spoon, Ediz hook spoon and the McKnight special. The McKnight special was later made by Shoff lure company the Ediz hook was later made by Luhr Jensen and the Al Mc spoon was never made after Abe & Al as far as I know.

Back