• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
yes it does. shovelnose and all. i’ll try and figure how to post a pic

I think everyone was copying the Louie's, Luhr Jensen's first j plugs were actually sold under the name lucky Luhr, Silver Horde, Redl Big Butch, let alone the imports all same the exact same designs and sizes. The only difference that's really noticable to me is the shape and contours of the eyes.

Apologies if I am getting this thread off track , but is anyone familiar with the Cowichan Bay Coho Club and primarily the rules it operated under? I am really curious if the pins were awarded by weight and what the weights may have been? Thanks in advance!
Cowichan Bay was world renouned for it's run of big feisty Coho back in the early days of sport fishing here.The area held the world record Coho at 31 pounds for many years.I believe that fish was caught in the 1950's sometime.As for those pins,I have no idea.My grand father or father would probably have known as they were avid Cow Bay fisherman but they've be gone a while now.I'd be interested myself as I'm 4th generation from the valley here.I'll ask around and see what I can find out about them.FF

Cowichan Bay was world renouned for it's run of big feisty Coho back in the early days of sport fishing here.The area held the world record Coho at 31 pounds for many years.I believe that fish was caught in the 1950's sometime.As for those pins,I have no idea.My grand father or father would probably have known as they were avid Cow Bay fisherman but they've be gone a while now.I'd be interested myself as I'm 4th generation from the valley here.I'll ask around and see what I can find out about them.FF

Thank you fshnfnatic, I really appreciate it!!

Look at how much work and ingenuity went into making these lures from days gone by. Now a days, there is only a different colour tape or paint applied to a piece of plastic. Yes there are a couple manufactures who make them into a breakaway variety, but still the same piece of plastic basically. Nice to see the creativity of the thought process from days before.

Oly

Back