.50 cal flintlock rifle - NO PAL or FAC needed

S

Slay Belle

St. Louis Hawken .50 cal. Flintlock Rifle - reduced price... no PAL required, flintlock long arms do not require registration.

A nice economy priced rifle with some outstanding features. This gun was well built from a kit and will stand out in a crowd. It has a beautiful hand rubbed, rich dark finish on the hardwood stock. Nice wood with no shiny plastic finish. The heavy 1" octagon barrel, under-rib and lock are finished in a deep textured brown. The buttplate, nosecap, toe plate, trigger guard, patchbox and ramrod thimbles are polished brass, contrasting with the deep brown tones of the stock and barrel. An ivory thumbpiece has been inletted ito the top of the wrist area. The ivory looks aged and is mottled in colour. Traditional fixed iron rear sight, and brass blade front complete the old-time look. Lightly used, this gun shows almost no handling marks, and over all, is in excellent condition. The builder did a great job on this kit. It is much nicer than a factory produced model with its hand rubbed stock and browned barrel. The ramrod is fitted with a brass tip and cleaning jag.
This rifle is fitted with the factory imported lock and ignition reliability is variable. To be a reliable shooter the lock needs to be timed and tuned, or replaced with the available, quality American made lock. It is outfitted with double set triggers to provide a clean light trigger pull.
I have shot this handy little rifle about 20 times since it was new and it has always been cleaned, oiled and stored promtly.
I will include 50 cast balls, several flints, wads and patching. Everything except BLACK POWDER.
I will also add a very nice handmade powder measure made from the tine of a mule deer antler. It has been hollowed to about 65gr, carved to ressemble a rattlesnake tail and then antiqued. It has a hole for a lanyard and a pouring spout carved into the design. It looks very period correct for this rifle and can be adjusted to throw a smaller charge by filling with a little wax. It is a one of a kind work of art.
Price reduced for a quick sale, as I have my eye on another flinter. I will be selling several other flintlocks too, as I must sell a few to finance the new project.

$385.00 Canadian + shipping/ no tax for this almost new rifle.
I have the original box and some of the paperwork too. I know you will like this rifle, so I will allow the purchaser a three day inspection with a full refund if you are not satisfied. You only pay the shipping. Purchaser must be 18+ years. NO PAL required. Flintlocks other than pistols do not require registration.
Email - bigsplashlures@msn.com Ph. 250 570 9505 Todd. www.silversuncharters.com

I'm confused by the implied correlation between needing a PAL and registration. Whether or not a firearm needs to be registered has nothing to do with whether or not you need a PAL...

Certain guns can be owned without a pal

Back