23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Always hard to get your money out of a rebuild I don’t care what it is. But best of luck Robert hopefully there’s someone out there that can appreciate what this is.
Too bad I was hoping to see this one finished.

Looking at your post dates you did an amazing amount of work in less than a year, and on two boats! Best of luck!

well sir I couldn’t have done it without you :) Thank you

Always hard to get your money out of a rebuild I don’t care what it is. But best of luck Robert hopefully there’s someone out there that can appreciate what this is.
Too bad I was hoping to see this one finished.

LOL, it only takes one :)

I can shoot holes in that theory... had 6 boats in the past 5yrs and always made money off them or broke even :cool: someone will see value in the way it has been rebuilt granted it's not for everyone.

Hummm thinking????, is there any money into guiding/charters?

Last edited:
sad to see you not finish that boat . Always appreciate good craftsmanship. When I built mine at onepoint I didn't touch it for a year. Miss the horse in your ID pic :)

sad to see you not finish that boat . Always appreciate good craftsmanship. When I built mine at onepoint I didn't touch it for a year. Miss the horse in your ID pic :)

Thank you for your kind words, not sure how this is all going to work out, not too much I can do at this point.

I like to change up the Avatar but my favourite will always be my horse ‘Cash” best little cutter/sorting horse I could ever ask for :) Had a custom Vic Bennett all-around on him for the mountains

Last edited:
Great workmanship, you should be very proud of your achievement. I did an absolute ground up restoration on our 1967 Camaro and yep it takes great dedication and more money and time than anyone who hasn’t done a project of significant scope can imagine.

Great workmanship, you should be very proud of your achievement. I did an absolute ground up restoration on our 1967 Camaro and yep it takes great dedication and more money and time than anyone who hasn’t done a project of significant scope can imagine.

Agree, materials was one thing but what I could not believe was how much was spent on consumables, latex gloves, mixing containers, rollers & brushes etc.... and yes the hours, O the time looking, thinking, pondering and can’t forget sanding lol lots of sanding.

Agree, materials was one thing but what I could not believe was how much was spent on consumables, latex gloves, mixing containers, rollers & brushes etc.... and yes the hours, O the time looking, thinking, pondering and can’t forget sanding lol lots of sanding.

And don’t forget the time it takes to document for us guys on this forum.

Speaking of which, if you somehow end up keeping this boat, then I'd highly recommend that you figure out a way to save this thread. Maybe save a pdf of each page and then combine them into a single document for future reference. In the past when the admins have updated servers etc. a lot of threads and/or photos have ended up going missing. It would be a shame to loose all of this info for some reason. It's happened before. Might even be a good value add to provide to the new purchaser :( for their future resale.

Praying for some work to show up for you!

Thank you and a great idea, my wife and I are in prayer as well. No disrespect to non-believers... I really don’t want to start a God discussion...

LOL, it only takes one :)

I can shoot holes in that theory... had 6 boats in the past 5yrs and always made money off them or broke even :cool: someone will see value in the way it has been rebuilt granted it's not for everyone.

Hummm thinking????, is there any money into guiding/charters?

There is money in guiding for yourself, but if you take into account the hrs and money put in it’s not great. Guiding for someone else is fruitless. I put in 12 hrs days to make the same in 6.5hrs at my regular job. So it’s half the cash imo. But once it’s in your blood it’s hard to shake. And it takes years to really learn an area and consistently produce for customers. Then there’s the finding customers thing, that takes awhile...

Last edited:
There is money in guiding for yourself, but if you take into account the hrs and money put in it’s not great. Guiding for someone else is fruitless. I put in 12 hrs days to make the same in 6.5hrs at my regular job. So it’s half the cash imo. But once it’s in your blood it’s hard to shake. And it takes years to really learn an area and consistently produce for customers. Then there’s the finding customers thing, that takes awhile...
Hey Robert
So Sylvan or Gull lake?
And you're going to need a boat..
Your new profile pic, you are way beyond diy.

Last edited:
Flybridge done! :)

IMG_0941.jpeg IMG_0944.jpeg

Back