23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
The choice of keeping or axing the command bridge is a decision made within your household. Advice is great but it’s ultimately your and only your decision.

So much wisdom from all... thx ya

Mmm no,, been married for 30 years to the same girl, been together for 35 years, just not afraid to state the obvious and be honest with each other.

Sorry no offence, was really jk'ing, you are so right :)

All good Robert I didn’t take offence.
But I will be offended as a lover of boats if you put a porch on top of that sexy girl. ;) ;)

yes for the Bridge. You could make it a removable piece. Mold in 4 mounting brackets on the bridge then have a few pins on the roof to secure it to. Could make the brackets out of aluminum or something like this pic. Don't have to have controls up there.

1-1-8-x-7-8-140MM-CAT-2-Lower-Link-Implement-Mounting-Pin-Thread-UNF-Linkage-Connector-6153-p[ekm]1000x750[ekm].jpg

Just remember this picture if you do decide to pod it, which I definitely would especially of it’s more room you are looking for. You pod that girl and get rid of the engine house you would have a dance floor back there. Put a reclining seat along the passenger side and a full fold away bench seat along the back. BEAUTIFUL !!

50260423292_9b5039fa83_c.jpg

Just remember this picture if you do decide to pod it, which I definitely would especially of it’s more room you are looking for. You pod that girl and get rid of the engine house you would have a dance floor back there. Put a reclining seat along the passenger side and a full fold away bench seat along the back. BEAUTIFUL !!

... and that idea about the seating I lov :D Picture is a good reminder!

That's taking tilt / trim to the next level.

my vote is and always have been NO. the lines on that boat are so sexy.

wanna hang out in the sun? like others have mentioned, have some of those fold out lawn chairs and just kick it on your back deck. cooler in the middle as a foot rest.

This was my old boat a few years ago. 30 sea ray. I did enjoy driving from up top. You can see all the wood and traps in the water alot sooner. It was nice to sit on anchor up on the bridge. This boat did rock around alot even with the 11.5 beam. I never really understood it. I'm thinking all the weight up top.
In my opinion a 26 ft boat is too small for a bridge. They are fun though

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1554384500487.jpg
    FB_IMG_1554384500487.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 71
Like rain said, why do you need to install the command bridge to use the top of the roof? If you’re not putting any controls or electronics up there, why not install the ladder and still use the top for storage/traps/sitting while it’s calm. It’s save you some dough and I think it’ll look a lot sexier without the extra fiberglass up there. Did you rethink the install of that bow pulpit you picked up?

Like rain said, why do you need to install the command bridge to use the top of the roof? If you’re not putting any controls or electronics up there, why not install the ladder and still use the top for storage/traps/sitting while it’s calm. It’s save you some dough and I think it’ll look a lot sexier without the extra fiberglass up there. Did you rethink the install of that bow pulpit you picked up?

Hey the pulpit is a winter project, ill see what it looks like once I shape and fit it to the bow, not sold on it but not ruling it out either :)

Last edited:
The only thing a bow pulpit did for me on my boats was increase my moorage fee's.

Agree, just a thing I have, I always liked them on other boats... might be a trade off no command for pulpit :) we will see how the reconditioning and fit of the pulpit goes...

Agree with rayvon....if your not anchoring lots then it’s pointless and just costs money to have on. Moorage and ferry costs will make you think twice about it....$6.50 a foot on the ferries

For what it’s worth I have a flybridge on my boat and I like it. It’s great storage for long trips and a nice place to troll and cruise from when the weather is nice. Very few people on this forum are ever going to see or step foot on your boat In person so build whatever you want.

Agree with rayvon....if your not anchoring lots then it’s pointless and just costs money to have on. Moorage and ferry costs will make you think twice about it....$6.50 a foot on the ferries
Won't cost anymore on the ferry, it's overall length. Pulpit will hanging over the trailer tongue. Don't give ferries any more ideas or they'll start charging us.

Back