23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Look up “marine wiper motor” on Facebook marketplace. There looks to be another identical one in Cache Creek BC

Found it thank you, I just sent message :cool:

Thx ya kindly guys!

Do anyone know the radius or swing I would need for the Hourston windshields, I have no idea on this??? o_O Will it work?

Screen Shot 2020-07-19 at 9.48.20 PM.png

Last edited:
Give Pierre at Poco Marine a call. 604) 464-8773

He is one of Bennett’s authorized resellers in western Canada and his prices are pretty competitive too. I shopped around for my tabs in 2018 and his price was the lowest.

Its a slow grind to fix and repair :( I got round 1 done, hoping to get it paint/gel ready for Friday. I found a good supplier for rub-rail but it will still be north of $1000...

IMG_0454.jpeg IMG_0453.jpeg IMG_0455.jpeg IMG_0451.jpeg

Last edited:
Airline equipment I worked on had Bosch or Morse OEM and subsequent aftermarket replacements, many of them you just pulled the cover off and you had about 5 choices for sweep degrees. I like the worm gear design and they would run all day and night in YVR rain and 35 below YEG. some you could buy plastic trim covers, Amazon sells complete motor arm wiper assembly's for like Razor side by sides for about $45 each.

this is acting strange, I reply to a post and it shows up in the quoted OP post...

Anyway, Ugly Boat Cheap Rub Rail

Attachments

• IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 75
Airline equipment I worked on had Bosch or Morse OEM and subsequent aftermarket replacements, many of them you just pulled the cover off and you had about 5 choices for sweep degrees. I like the worm gear design and they would run all day and night in YVR rain and 35 below YEG. some you could buy plastic trim covers, Amazon sells complete motor arm wiper assembly's for like Razor side by sides for about $45 each.
Yes get the Bosch aftermarket ones. Great warranty

Yes get the Bosch aftermarket ones. Great warranty

pls link me to the item as the boat did not have any motors when I got it so not sure what the oem specs are

Found a pair of 24"x9" trim tabs... anyone with cylinders and hydraulic pump not being used :rolleyes:

Tabs, backing plate and hinge all cleaned up... before and after side by side

IMG_0464.jpeg IMG_0461.jpeg IMG_0463.jpeg

pls link me to the item as the boat did not have any motors when I got it so not sure what the oem specs are
Honesty, RPM did it for me. They measured my windshield section and ordered/installed it for me as I only have 1 in the middle. Rainex for the other 2 as I don’t take on much water except for rain

Last edited:
Got the backing installed to receive the through bolts for rub-rail, just have to zip off the SS #8 x 1" screws... Material is kinda like a graphite/plastic composite that I had left over from a retail job so FREE is good and bent really nice!

It is much better than the original 1/2" x 1" plywood junk, this will not rot :) I also gel'ed before the install so I can finish the gel'ing the sides after the topside is installed :)

IMG_0471.jpeg IMG_0470.jpeg

Also starting to do some more taping @ the stern, 3 x 1708 bi, to build up strength, kinda paranoid about the thought of bolting on a POD and possibly twins :rolleyes: Ill probably do 5 or 6 layers in total :cool: i am thinking of adding a piece of 2 x 4 and glassing it to the transom from side-to-side for additional support...

IMG_0467.jpeg

Last edited:
Back