23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
no no silly :) I need to be frugal and creative!

JUST go get one built for god sake!!! LOL

Its a beauty, just like one of the bracket pictures you sent, I can't find a used bracket that is bolted together so thought this would work... :eek:

God's honest truth I was filling the tank today in secret cove amd a guy says to me "hey there's a guy on sfbc.com who is rebuilding a 23 and a 26 hourston"...my reply was "he should totally notch the transom" hahaha.

Point being, your build has gone viral and I firmly believe a pod from a reputable builder is crowd fundable, Rob. I'm down for the first $50 who's with me!

God's honest truth I was filling the tank today in secret cove amd a guy says to me "hey there's a guy on sfbc.com who is rebuilding a 23 and a 26 hourston"...my reply was "he should totally notch the transom" hahaha.

Point being, your build has gone viral and I firmly believe a pod from a reputable builder is crowd fundable, Rob. I'm down for the first $50 who's with me!

Seriously? o_O That is soooo hilarious, I knew I had a few guys following but really...? :rolleyes: Well I don’t want to let everyone down, I should give this sale second thoughts! Maybe I’ll do a poll and let everyone an opportunity to have a say to weigh-in on her future... :cool:

Ok so I thought about it :D and a poll has been added to this thread, the poll has a few different controversial topics that has come up during this build, the option for more than one choice has been added. Please choice wisely and play responsibly!

As for "crowd funded", is that legal? If something like this were to happen perhaps I could do a few prizes 1 , 2 and 3 draw for gift cards/pre paid visa/boating items etc... for participators... We can have some fun with this now that you mention it...;)

"WAAITT" - We Are All In This Together...!

Last edited:
Seriously? o_O That is soooo hilarious, I knew I had a few guys following but really...? :rolleyes: Well I don’t want to let everyone down, I should give this sale second thoughts! Maybe I’ll do a pole and let everyone an opportunity to have a say to weigh-in on her future... :cool:

Ok so I thought about it :D and a poll has been added to this thread, the poll has a few different controversial topics that has come up during this build, the option for more than one choice has been added. Please choice wisely and play responsibly!

As for "crowd funded", is that legal? If something like this were to happen perhaps I could do a few prizes 1 , 2 and 3 draw for gift cards/pre paid visa/boating items etc... for participators... We can have some fun with this now that you mention it...;)

"WAAITT" - We Are All In This Together...!

I replied to your poll. I voted:

* keep the boat
* add bracket for outboards
* add twin outboards

I still think the same as I did a few weeks ago when you went through the CL listing episode. Keep the boat. Stretch the timeline to accommodate your budget. Your workmanship is incredible and you'll be disappointed with anything else you might buy as an alternative, unless you spend $300,000+ for a new Whaler or Grady.

I personally think that if you get a pair of lease returns in the 200hp/ea range you'll be set. Get them with digital controls for easy rigging of multiple steering stations. Then you can skip the kicker which gives you a cleaner transom, less maintenance, and quieter trolling.

So all the underside is complete, I just done the final sand and gelcoat, w/wax added, this am. Eventually a head liner will be installed but for now its fresh and clean. :D

I will flip tomorrow to start on the topside, yuck!! Not looking forward to this next step...:eek: its going to be a mess and lots of work, I would honestly prefer to tackle a transom install than this topside. O well, the show must go on...

IMG_0444.jpeg

Last edited:
do you have a crane to lift it on ? or just going to go with lots of muscle power.

I removed it by my lonesome and probable put it back that way :(

Ok am I the first person to ask wtf is sitting next to the hourston? Sure looks like command bridge to me...

another boat!!! he likes to have many spares.....

Ok am I the first person to ask wtf is sitting next to the hourston? Sure looks like command bridge to me...

Its not mine, nor do I want to be associated with it :) lol

Got'er flipped and started on the in-fills...

IMG_0445.jpeg

Does anyone have any that they are not using, I think its like this one...

3 X OEM Wiper motors
24" X 9" Bennett trim tab and pump

Attachments

• 81x+yEOPmnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81x+yEOPmnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 71A5Tn5+FsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71A5Tn5+FsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 22
New wiper motor, arm and blade, Jim Haden, Facebook market place. New in box, Langford, $40

Thx buds, I messaged him, now to find 2 others that will match or my OCD will drive me nuts :(

Back