23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
I know everyones upset about this, but when one door closes quite often another one opens.

The popemobile will be for sale shortly and would be a prime candidate for a Dr. Robert Snyder makeover :D:D - comes complete with a notched transom and would look even better with a fly bridge!

I am just going over a budget, does this seem about right?

to finish:
motors used 15k
pod 3k
interior 5k
electronics 2,5k
extras 2k
total:27,5

Your going to need way more for the extras. By the time you install pumps, get the wiring, acr, bus bars, fuse holders, switches, batteries, thru hulls, Screws.... All adds up very quickly I would budget at least 5K I am well over that on my Seasport Project for small extras. The stainless steel screws alone are around 800 bucks for my project

Are you assuming that those Motors for 15K come with controls and gauges? If not add another 5-8K for that equipment.

2.5K for Electronics doesn't get you far, either....

if your going to flip it ill be honest electronics are a personal thing sure you can put a 2 grand sounder on it but you wont get 2 grand in return... best thing is to just put a VHF in and thats it as most guys will opt for the newest and greatest sounder plotter combo in 12 inch etc and up grade to 2 stations etc at the tune of 5 to 7 grand id leave it off personally...as for wiring pumps batteries switches , and WIRE especially 2/0 for batteries your looking at close to 5 bucks a foot for marine grade your gonna burn up that 2 grand id budget more like 7 to 10 grand on that interior light, mast light,s side lights, the list is endless man

Your going to need way more for the extras. By the time you install pumps, get the wiring, acr, bus bars, fuse holders, switches, batteries, thru hulls, Screws.... All adds up very quickly I would budget at least 5K I am well over that on my Seasport Project for small extras. The stainless steel screws alone are around 800 bucks for my project

Are you assuming that those Motors for 15K come with controls and gauges? If not add another 5-8K for that equipment.

2.5K for Electronics doesn't get you far, either....

Thank you sir, so ya think...

to finish:
motors used 15k
controls and gauges 5k
pod 3k
interior 5k
electronics 2,5k
extras 5k
total:35,5k

if your going to flip it ill be honest electronics are a personal thing sure you can put a 2 grand sounder on it but you wont get 2 grand in return... best thing is to just put a VHF in and thats it as most guys will opt for the newest and greatest sounder plotter combo in 12 inch etc and up grade to 2 stations etc at the tune of 5 to 7 grand id leave it off personally...as for wiring pumps batteries switches , and WIRE especially 2/0 for batteries your looking at close to 5 bucks a foot for marine grade your gonna burn up that 2 grand id budget more like 7 to 10 grand on that interior light, mast light,s side lights, the list is endless man
Maybe you could pre-wire for the latest and greatest so it's plug and play for the new owner?

Thank you sir, so ya think...

to finish:
motors used 15k
controls and gauges 5k
pod 3k
interior 5k
electronics 2,5k
extras 5k
total:35,5k
Now that you've got that number worked out just double it and you should be hot to trot.

I tell my clients they'll know exactly what their house cost to build when I'm done.

I already have an offer to purchase as is full asking price, not sure if he's a tire kicker or not. I am so so torn to sell/not sell, my wife and I are trying to forecast a complete budge to see what it will look like to keep and complete REALISTICALLY, no smoke and mirrors!

Do you have all the original lighting, switching to LED? Upholstery for the V-berth? Safety equipment? Downriggers mounts and plugs? Some kind of head? Wash down pump? Batteries?

Do you have all the original lighting, switching to LED? Upholstery for the V-berth? Safety equipment? Downriggers mounts and plugs? Some kind of head? Wash down pump? Batteries?

No it will all have to be new, I do have the railing and windows that is it!

Put a holding tank in Rob. Its law now and a must have. Before the deck gets sealed up. Just a thought. I dont remember seeing one in the build yet

This is super important if you want to be able to sell this waaaaay easier down the line.

I know it isn't what you want to hear Robert but Zurk is right. It's an easy $50k or $60k to finish it properly. Mike and I picked up a 20' DE a few years back for a song ($2000) it had the stringers and transom redone but then the motor calved. We stole the boat filled the leg hole, podded it, bought a newer trailer, and hung a used outboard, updated electronics etc. That was just a hair over $25,000. The motor let go after one season and I was so disgusted with the choice of used stuff at the time that we bought a new motor. We have a great albeit old fising platform but it makes me sick to my stomache to think what we have invested in it. You've got some wild skills and I have no doubt that you could make that into a gorgeous boat but if you don't think that dropping another $50k in it is feasible right now I'd bail while you can. It only gets worse from here on out.

IMG_0393.jpeg IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0038.jpeg IMG_2605.jpeg IMG_6110.jpeg

Back