23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Robert,
I respect your decision. You are nearing the end of the part of the build that you can do. The expensive part is coming up, and honestly if losing $2k in value is holding you back from podding I think listing it may be the best idea here.

It’s a huge sacrifice which I get buddy. I don’t even own a boat and I literally cried when mine drove away.

Again... Nothing but respect here for your work and your decisions/ sacrifices.

Good morning this is Dr RJ Snyder :) yes cheques are in the mail after sale and take the blue pill NOT the red. CAUTION side effect from the red pill is people don't think clearly...

I think this is a fair price to the right person, this is going on 4 months of no work and its time, I have held off as long as I could! Again, all my contracts come out of Montreal and they have yet to release upcoming projects.

Sorry guys if my situation changes so to will this sale! I don't make this decision lightly and I will obviously continue with the build until things change... This is a very difficult choice, please go easy on me :( as I have countless hours put into this boat and it will be hard to see her go, I released a guesstimate of funds to support the asking price.

I am so sorry if I have let you guys down, I know you have all helped me out allot and I am feeling pretty bad right now. :oops:

I accept non-perishable items and a life time of free sea food as payment :eek: lol

Last edited:
@Stizzla and @MadJigga Thank you for your understanding and support in this tough decision, you have no idea how much I value and appreciate it right now, Thank you

I know many are optimistic about the economy but I believe the worst has yet to come, God help us if it does!

Last edited:
Hey gang! Funny timing... I just read the last 150 posts here.

Robert is clearly the offspring of Chuck Norris and Batman. (Chuck is the dad obviously)

Yes, it’s incredible! Yes, if I owned it it would have a pod and no fly bridge.

No, I can not afford it at this time and quite frankly it’s way more boat than I will ever need.
17-21’ is the size for me.

A little teaser... I’m in the preliminary stages of working on a boat purchase.
My comment was in regards to you and Robert both leaving a boat project at the altar. lol.

My comment was in regards to you and Robert both leaving a boat project at the altar. lol.

Sorry @Aquaholic , as I said if work starts, boat stays and we continue on from the alter to the ceremonies :) Also, as everyone know I almost pulled the plug a while ago, when Covid started, but decided to try and hang in there so again, this decision does not come easy!

Last edited:
There isn't a single person on this board, I'm guessing, who isn't concerned about the future, or the next few years anyway, in the Western Canadian economy. It is a prudent measure to take stock at a phase like this in any project to see if there is a suitable exit strategy so good luck, Rob, whichever direction you deem reasonable for your situation.

Just don't discount the power of the SFBC mind trust to trace and track your every move on the interwebs...lol

Sorry @Aquaholic , as I said if work starts, boat stays and we continue on from the alter to the ceremonies :) Also, as everyone know I almost pulled the plug a while ago, when Covid started, but decided to try and hang in there so again, this decision does not come easy!
That’s right! My “build” and Robert’s build... basically the same thing.

Guys, its not over yet! The boat project has just listed so don't get too discouraged yet, I am praying for work to open up, the projects and work is there, they just keep getting pushed ahead every-time they are scheduled to start. Or so I am told! hummm???:confused:

Awe Rob we're just super bummed to not be able to watch you do your thing. You have a big following here and I'm sure you'll be back at it sometime soon with whatever project you decide on. We all support your decision 100%.

Awe Rob we're just super bummed to not be able to watch you do your thing. You have a big following here and I'm sure you'll be back at it sometime soon with whatever project you decide on. We all support your decision 100%.

I know, I know, we are all bummed! Lets just hope things break open, anyone looking for a handy guy, I can do anything! haha

@Stizzla and @MadJigga Thank you for your understanding and support in this tough decision, you have no idea how much I value and appreciate it right now, Thank you

I know many are optimistic about the economy but I believe the worst has yet to come, God help us if it does!

Robert, I personally think selling at 25k is undervalued. I know how much time has been spent on this project. But being unfinished and in today’s financial climate I’m not sure how one could ask more money. If I weren’t almost at the end of my refit I’d snap it up. That’s a dream hull you have. And the opportunity to complete as per ones own wishes is amazing. Good luck with the sale. And I hope Montreal calls soon!!

In Victoria I am...... always hiring, always looking for talent! Reddeer is a bit of a commute....

Nothing an RV at a camp ground can't fix, I done it for almost a year. I built the H&M at Uptown Mall :)

So what's this thing worth finished? Seems to me that a guy looking to build a boat currently has a guy willing to build him a boat.
Charge someone 20k to do the rest of the build plus they cover your costs to date and all future costs. Boom.

So what's this thing worth finished? Seems to me that a guy looking to build a boat currently has a guy willing to build him a boat.

O boy! what have I done....? Silly stupid Dobie! haha

I would really like to get it put together, since I am so close and see what she will look like, I just need to finish the topside... I just picked up the plywood this morning for re-inforcement and got another 5'er of resin delivered :) I just need to shop around for the rubrail, I would like to go with aluminum as it is more rigid and can clamp both hull and topside together nicely.

Last edited:
Back