23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
43 pages and that's the best you can give us for a reflection model? Haha looks great!

The gloss distorts the image, you need a few beer to counter act this effect...:eek:

Last edited:
He wouldn't dare...

Ok, I think I know where everyone stands on the pod vs transom mount so I’ll not mention it again. This will be a surprise!

getting back to the gelcoat, it wasn’t that difficult contrary to popular belief, (although I am a sucker for punishment :) ) I’m glad I didn’t do paint. The whole bill including gun was under $1000 which is a far reach from a paint shop quote of $6500

it’s not perfect, I still have a few spots and a couple of pin hold to repair, but that is for another day, I just want to get the boat reassembled. So, I will be trying to spray the roof and command bridge next followed by restoring the topside.

Last edited:
Well at least with all the notched transom talk you've gotten everybody to forget about the flybridge

You discovered my madness, O poop!

That looks considerably easier than most of what you've already done Robert :)

I agree, I will have to start researching on how to design and how to measure as not to create proposing or motor cavitation...

Hey, I am thinking about leaving the bottom gelcoat for now, was going to paint with bottom paint but changed my mind. The bottom gelcoat will have some orange peel but is not too bad, can anyone foresee any issues with this choice?

Hey, I am thinking about leaving the bottom gelcoat for now, was going to paint with bottom paint but changed my mind. The bottom gelcoat will have some orange peel but is not too bad, can anyone foresee any issues with this choice?
Put a ceramic coating on it. I'm told they're the bee's knees.

Put a ceramic coating on it. I'm told they're the bee's knees.

Ceramic, kidding right? I was going to wax the bottom, any ideas on a good boat wax?

Last edited:
Back