23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
go with the short and a small canvas, more dancing room the better.. ever try leaning back with a rod and have it hit a top? that sucks.

go with the short and a small canvas, more dancing room the better.. ever try leaning back with a rod and have it hit a top? that sucks.
I have that issue on mine. I haaate it. Luckily you can walk it back across the boat so it's not too bad. I want to chop my canvas roof off or at least make it collapsible. The wife wants to keep it for shade :rolleyes:

ok, so this photo don’t jive with what I am seeing on other 26’ers.... in the picture the yellow represent interior washroom walls and exterior bulkhead wall, that wood filler is throwing me for a loop. It looks like the topside was built for a short 26’er but they added a long roof and infilled the difference with this strange piece of wood...

8ccc6f20b5bfb9a804b4dbf35ce63747.jpg

might not be too bad short either... :)

87222017_614.jpg

I would get rid of the hacked in piece. Put the 23 ft roof on it and move the toilet to the V-berth so it's just the same as the 23's interior. You will want all that floor space for fishing and hanging out on

OK, we just took a family vote and my lovely wife and amazing daughter would like more deck space to sit around. :) Can anyone tell me how many ppl I can seat if i had a straight bench from V berth bulkhead to back deck bulkhead? Also if the back bulkhead moves forward to accommodate short vs long roof it creates a storage/un-utilized area.. tooooo late for bigger fuel tank, any ideas, I was thinking batteries?

IMG_9026.jpeg

I know this is allot to ask but can someone grab a measurement along the floor for me from V berth bulkhead (on cabin side) to the back bulkhead (interior cabin side), I need to know exactly where to place a new bulkhead for the infill of this dead space to receive the new floor in-fill. Is there any such thing as a low profile marine battery, I only have about 8" in height?

Could put a tank in there for a diesel heater, or a storage locker for anchor and line.

That would be a great storage area for your emergency kit and charts. That area on mine is fixed floor and has the holding tank and fresh water located below. Both of which are accessible from the cuddy although it would be an epic pita to pull either.

I dont think I would try to put batteries under there as it doesn't seem like there would be much ventilation, plus the 8" height issue.

Oh and raincitys green mop top is exactly what that boat needs :)

That would be a great storage area for your emergency kit and charts. That area on mine is fixed floor and has the holding tank and fresh water located below. Both of which are accessible from the cuddy although it would be an epic pita to pull either.

I dont think I would try to put batteries under there as it doesn't seem like there would be much ventilation, plus the 8" height issue.

Oh and raincitys green mop top is exactly what that boat needs :)

I will buy fake turf for non-skid LOL

kinda misevaluated the proportion a bit...

$_20.JPG

Last edited:
I know this is allot to ask but can someone grab a measurement along the floor for me from V berth bulkhead (on cabin side) to the back bulkhead (interior cabin side), I need to know exactly where to place a new bulkhead for the infill of this dead space to receive the new floor in-fill. Is there any such thing as a low profile marine battery, I only have about 8" in height?
Look into lion batteries. They are smaller for the same oomph

Will "it" ever end? What have I done now :eek: ?

All the plywood on the under-side of topside need to be removed and replaced as the scabbed material that was there rotted and gave way over time creating the sides to collapse....

IMG_0868.jpeg IMG_9085.jpeg IMG_9083.jpeg IMG_9084.jpeg

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee that boat was made on a payday Friday just before the long weekend. Lol

The Lynnwood pub was just around the corner and the Coach House a hop, skip and a stumble away from hourstons shop!
I rest my case. Lol

Back