22ft Sangster $1500

salty-dog

To start, I will post pix once I take some later today or tomorrow.

I really don't know much about this boat. I did some work for someone and he paid me with this boat. It is far more than I need.

Here's what I do know.The previous owner threw alot of cash at the boat as he used it for his work so it stayed in top condition at all times. He is this way with all his boats. Anayway, after throwing a boatload at it in upgrades and maintenence, somone else decided he/they liked the boat more than the owner and stole it from the dock where it was moored.

The theft was reported but the need for a work boat prompted an immediate purchase of another boat.

The stolen boat was found up island where it was abandonned after being stripped it of it's electronics, tools, fishing and personal gear. The boat was refueled and motored home under it's own power as nothing about the driveline was tampered with.

After getting home, the boat was removed from the water and placed in covered storage for a couple years. The previous owner got busy on building a new home and family obligations and just paid storage fees.

I did some work for the owner and giving me the boat was payment. But, as I said earlier, I don't have a need or use for it as I either fish from my kayak or PWC. I usually go out alone, occassionally with my daughter. The yak and PWC work well for me.

So, I'd like to sell the boat. It is sitting on a trailer. I checked under the bonnet and everything is there. It has a 230hp GM 6cyl gas engine.

I will post some photos after taking them today or tomorrow. The boat is in Nanaimo at a friend's house as where I live, I barely have enough room in the yard for my PWC. So anyone interested please contact me and I will go with you to see it.

Thanks.

Here are some photos. I did not uncover the boat today due to rain, but I did jump around on the floor and it was solid. If memory serves me correctly, the previous owner stated the stringer were replaced. As I said before, all engine parts are there. I also have the prop for the outdrive. The ignition switch was broken by whomever stole it. Mold is starting to turn the boat a shade of green.

The trailer pulled well. I got a glance at it today and could see some repairs are around the corner. The wheels appeared to be rusted under the paint.

Inside the cuddy could use a good cleanup as could the rest of the boat. The headliner in the cuddy has dropped but did not appear torn. It also has a kicker bracket.

The boat has lots of potential for someone with time, energy and a few bucks. Aside from it being far too much for me, my busiest time is during the summer months so I would not have the time. The time I could dedicate to it would be during the winter. I have no tolerance for the cold and cannot stand the endless months of rain. I have no covered area to do anything during the winter months. Basically, I have no time in summer and no desire in the winter.

Everything I know about this boat is given here. I wish I knew more to offer you, but I don't.

It is parked at a friend's house and I really hate having it sit there taking their space so here it is for sale. if interested, pease let me know. Thank you.

Attachments

• boat 001.jpg
    boat 001.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 528
  • boat 002.jpg
    boat 002.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 586
  • boat 003.jpg
    boat 003.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 519
  • boat 004.jpg
    boat 004.jpg