2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Does someone know when the commercial prawning opening is locally? Sorry, if this is has already been discussed and I've missed it. Cheers.

East side of Bowen, Seymour Bay heading about half way towards the north end and back, stayed out far enough from shore to be in the trough. Scrapin' paint with BCF.

Follow the BCF line closest to East Bowen or just inside of it.
Thanks! I fished there yesterday, not quite scraping any BCFs, I stayed a little closer to shore, but still deep. 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM. No coho in sight... for me anyway. There were around 6 other boats and came and went, don't know what they found. Caught a few chinook that were released. I wasn't spotting much of anything on the sonar. Fished the top end of the water, 35 to 70 feet range on the riggers. Beauty day out there, especially closer to 3:30 pm when the light wind laid right down and the sun came out. I'll give it some time and head back out, maybe next week, and see what's cooking.

Thanks! I fished there yesterday, not quite scraping any BCFs, I stayed a little closer to shore, but still deep. 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM. No coho in sight... for me anyway. There were around 6 other boats and came and went, don't know what they found. Caught a few chinook that were released. I wasn't spotting much of anything on the sonar. Fished the top end of the water, 35 to 70 feet range on the riggers. Beauty day out there, especially closer to 3:30 pm when the light wind laid right down and the sun came out. I'll give it some time and head back out, maybe next week, and see what's cooking.
Nothing on the screen for me either. Zero. I fiddled on the boat from noon til five yesterday, serious sun factor.

Nothing on the screen for me either. Zero. I fiddled on the boat from noon til five yesterday, serious sun factor.
I went back out a few days later since the weather was nice. Same spot. No action, not even chinook. Passed a pod of Orcas on the way there, might have had something to do with it. Or maybe that's just fishing, some days busy some days not. :)

Been playing around with my AP 2 inch herring spoons, they work quite well with either of these two connections. That is a 40 pound stainless snap, maybe I could’ve gone smaller, but there’s a nice loop in it that allows the spoon to flutter really well.

View attachment 105697
I like the set up on the snap but personally wouldn’t run a non-slip loop knot on a split ring. Too great a chance nicking the mono on the ends of the rings which can have a sharp edge.

Another fishing page I am on there is one person who caught four hatchery Coho along East Bowen on Monday and Tuesday. Heading out today with a forum member to try 28-1 and 28-2 for hatchery Coho.
My plan to head over to Thrasher yesterday didn't work out, the swell was big yesterday, just too lumpy. So we fished East Bowen from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. No luck for us with coho. Fished between 70 and 55 FoW on the riggers with a third rod on one side at about 40 feet. The by-catch kept us busy though, steady throughout the day, all released. 8-12 lb range common. One plus 20 lb. Saw one other boat out there, Boston Whaler, trolling around in the same area, saw them pull a few in but couldn't tell the species. Good luck out there today!!

My plan to head over to Thrasher yesterday didn't work out, the swell was big yesterday, just too lumpy. So we fished East Bowen from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. No luck for us with coho. Fished between 70 and 55 FoW on the riggers with a third rod on one side at about 40 feet. The by-catch kept us busy though, steady throughout the day, all released. 8-12 lb range common. One plus 20 lb. Saw one other boat out there, Boston Whaler, trolling around in the same area, saw them pull a few in but couldn't tell the species. Good luck out there today!!
Thanks for the update. What kind of tackle is best to use for these hatchery coho? The usual spoons and hootchies?

Ran across to Thrasher today. Few lings, found it to be a bit of a grind. Probably should scout a different spot or try different bait.

Also returned to find my crab traps gone. I set 5 of them. If someone happens to find some random traps floating around let me know. I suspect they were stolen. Have never had a problem with them drifting. Set by the bell.

Ran across to Thrasher today. Few lings, found it to be a bit of a grind. Probably should scout a different spot or try different bait.

Also returned to find my crab traps gone. I set 5 of them. If someone happens to find some random traps floating around let me know. I suspect they were stolen. Have never had a problem with them drifting. Set by the bell.
All 5 gone ? Mother truckers

Back