2023 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard last week that guys out of Bamfield were getting tuna 60 miles out but was still spotty. I'm heading to WH next weekend with Oli's hoping for some good action. Looks like the warmer water is closer in then on the south-west island (at least thats what the Windy app says. I think a subscription is needed for Terra fin)

This is a couple of days old but shows some fishable water around 60 -70 miles from Bamfield. Hopefully it moves in a little closer.
Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 7.06.27 PM.png

7 boats went west out of Tofino yesterday and didn’t find them

This is where we found them on Monday.
Heard a group of boats were going somewhere in between Loudon and Barkley on Tuesday, but don't know how they did (apparently there was more tuna).

Attachments

• IMG_9357.jpeg
    IMG_9357.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 83
A couple Ukee boats started around the tuff fleet, then headed further out and did find them around 65, but not till after lunch. both picked up around 30.

Negative, we were off Nootka where we loaded up 2 days before and they were a long way south outside Louden. Commercial fleet was also scratching heads after the fish disappeared overnight north of Clayoquot. Tuna has been consistently inconsistent this season. 30-40 fish one morning then go back the next and struggle to find any fish. At least it keeps things interesting!

Last edited:
Negative, we were off Nootka where we loaded up 2 days before and they were a long way south outside Louden. Commercial fleet was also scratching heads after the fish disappeared overnight. Tuna has been consistently inconsistent this season. 30-40 fish one morning then go back the next and struggle to find any fish. At least it keeps things interesting!
It was like that in 2017 or 18 too. Season was longer than normal but fish moved around

Negative, we were off Nootka where we loaded up 2 days before and they were a long way south outside Louden. Commercial fleet was also scratching heads after the fish disappeared overnight north of Clayoquot. Tuna has been consistently inconsistent this season. 30-40 fish one morning then go back the next and struggle to find any fish. At least it keeps things interesting!
Not all years will be like last year..
Sorry, they mentioned a pair of Tofino boats in the morning. I shouldn't have said "the fleet".

Wow nice. Saw your boat at the dock last weekend. Were you able to pack 45 tuna on the seasport?
I have a large stainless steel insulated fish box build into the rear area that used to house the diesel inboard. Generally I can fit 32 tuna in that hold then the rest in the coolers that the ice was in! I am pretty much maxed out at around 50 fish

CPM

I have a large stainless steel insulated fish box build into the rear area that used to house the diesel inboard. Generally I can fit 32 tuna in that hold then the rest in the coolers that the ice was in! I am pretty much maxed out at around 50 fish

CPM
They sure take up a lot of cubic inches when you’re icing them properly

CPM
That's gotta be over 1500lbs with ice! Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back