2023 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing some more reports. We are looking at the long weekend, if the weather allows among other variables. go get em!

Got 10 yesterday around Nitinat 50m. But it wasn't easy to find fish. A lot of mess, tangles and some lost gear as I had a newbie crew but I am also the one myself lol. We lost about 8-10 more. One was stolen by a killer whale.

Had a couple of triples and quads among doubles.

I've also caught one on the jig casting into the jumpers on a salmon cast rod - big mistake. Took about 40 minutes to land it while we could've trolled into more otherwise.

6 tunas around 23 lbs the rest 4 were smaller.

Shout out to tannerc - we got on the school while heading to your location.

Attachments

• IMG_9347.jpeg
    IMG_9347.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 169
Haaa. Salmon rod and a jig had to be a blast… for bit, then the acknowledgement of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

7-8’ 15-40# rod with 30# test should even the playing field for most albies.

Got 10 yesterday around Nitinat 50m. But it wasn't easy to find fish. A lot of mess, tangles and some lost gear as I had a newbie crew but I am also the one myself lol. We lost about 8-10 more. One was stolen by a killer whale.

Had a couple of triples and quads among doubles.

I've also caught one on the jig casting into the jumpers on a salmon cast rod - big mistake. Took about 40 minutes to land it while we could've trolled into more otherwise.

6 tunas around 23 lbs the rest 4 were smaller.

Shout out to tannerc - we got on the school while heading to your location.
What happened to the tail on that one?

Is the Bamfield Shootout happening this year? I was just looking and couldn't find any info online and haven't seen any talk about it. Not planning on doing the derby, but will be out there for part of the week.

Is the Bamfield Shootout happening this year? I was just looking and couldn't find any info online and haven't seen any talk about it. Not planning on doing the derby, but will be out there for part of the week.
Yes, the derby is on. It was full but according to the West Coast Tuna Fishing Facebook page, they had a couple of cancellations so they may have room? See you out there.

not going to deal with BC ferries so run the boat around. Likely fish out from Ucluelet. Too bad the forecast sucks the next few days.
Yeah we cancelled our trip we had set up for Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back