2023 Tuna Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is looking for crew, I'm almost always available with enough notice to get there from Victoria.
I have never been tuna fishing (bucket list) so don't bring much to the table from that front but I have over 40 years of fishing experience (52 years young) , like to think I'm easy to get along with, pull my weight and pay my way. PM me anytime!

Heading up to Haidi Gwaii on Sept 5th. Will have several #s of dead bait chum, bait sticks, and slow pitch set ups ready. Keep those reports coming please. Our WA fish have been good sized too!!!! Sept/Oct fish are going to be bruisers?

Heading up to Haidi Gwaii on Sept 5th. Will have several #s of dead bait chum, bait sticks, and slow pitch set ups ready. Keep those reports coming please. Our WA fish have been good sized too!!!! Sept/Oct fish are going to be bruisers?
Who you fishing with I’ll be over from the 2nd to the 22nd

Not bringing the cat. Erica and I are just flying in. No derby. Just for fun. The idea of catching albies a few miles, or less, from shore was too strong to pass up.

Who you fishing with I’ll be over from the 2nd to the 22nd
One of the gents we met while in Tofino invited us up. He has the troll gear, we are bringing the other WMDs. 😂. We were hoping to swap a trip and get him out down here to play with live bait. Maybe after. Maybe next year.

Not bringing the cat. Erica and I are just flying in. No derby. Just for fun. The idea of catching albies a few miles, or less, from shore was too strong to pass up.

One of the gents we met while in Tofino invited us up. He has the troll gear, we are bringing the other WMDs. 😂. We were hoping to swap a trip and get him out down here to play with live bait. Maybe after. Maybe next year.
The fifth? I could have the cat towed up to Rupert by the 6th...just saying. ;)

Well I’ll have some room on my boat if you guys need a spot for a few days as well! Will be in touch

Back from WH. Fishing was pretty good . It was a steady day for us picking up singles here and there with some double headers vs hitting large schools and having full on chaos. From the radio chatter it sounded like Oli cleaned up out there but I also heard others having trouble finding them. Conditions were perfect.

Where do you all load up on tuna amounts of ice in Ukee? I’ve only ever needed small amounts so have bought bags at gas dock, stores, or grabbed a cooler or bucket full at Ukee Seafood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back