Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know whats happening with the road from Port Alberni to Namaimo?
Might need to get my boat transported from PA back to Nanaimo. Would be a 12’ wide load.
Thanks!

Anyone know whats happening with the road from Port Alberni to Namaimo?
Might need to get my boat transported from PA back to Nanaimo. Would be a 12’ wide load.
Thanks!
I pulled mine through with no problem (9’7”) but 12 might be a little tight. The wife took the cowichan road into bamfield and said it the road was good enough to tow the boat on

Slower morning for us today by china creek, only action was a triple header by mactush. Landed 2 of the 3 at 14 and at 17 pounds. Glow tiger prawn hoochie, dark pink hoochie, pink anchovie head caught the fish. Deepest at 65 feet. Went in early because it was getting ridiculous hot.

Last edited:
Slower morning for us today by china creek, only action was a triple header by mactush. Landed 2 of the 3 at 14 and at 17 pounds. Glow tiger prawn hoochie, dark pink hoochie, pink anchovie head caught the fish. Deepest at 65 feet. Went in early because it was getting ridiculous hot.
Buddy and I will be up there on the 21st, We used the anchovies last year, same time. 49' was good. there are 3 openings for gillnets next week, so hopefully we can get a few despite that. Reports from Bamfield claim that 3 inch spoons are good, and glo white hooch.

This was yesterday morning
1692480702030-png.96639

Attachments

• 1692480702030.png
    1692480702030.png
    2 MB · Views: 686
Commercial starting Monday to thursday next week I believe. TAC for the two groups is about 25000 fish. Will definitely put a dent in the numbers and fishing for a few days afterwards likely.

Fished Coulson to China creek all day yesterday. Embarrasing number of succesful hookups. Just simply lost a lot of fish, 1 broken leader, and bent hooks on a the 'big one'. Best bite was at Coulsons between 1 and 3. Ended up with 3 in the boat, lost 7 or 8. Most on anchovy, 1 on herring aid spoon.

6 in the boat and lost 3 by 7am in Underwood cove. 21 lbs. the biggest. 7 inch tomic plug(#203) glow hoochie, skinny g no bananas, and anchovy caught the fish. 30/45 and 55/70 running depths and all fired. Great morning. Here's a friend with the 21.

Attachments

• 20230820_070036.jpg
    20230820_070036.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 97
Good night in the inlet, water is pretty warm and dirty. Nice when you are with a lady, but tougher when you are gillnetting.
Springs were milling about, we were catching them going both ways in front of Coulson mill.
Bit of a gong show out there, but that's the way I like it.
Nice looking fish!IMG_20230821_044255154.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back