Status
Not open for further replies.
Went 4 for 5 this morning near china creek. 7 inch tomic plug, anchovy and skinny g spoons caught the fish, 21 pounder the biggest. 55 to 70 best depths. Need to do more searching for fish now after commercial openings. And oh yeah, the jelly fish have been brutal last few days.

Is there another commercial opening before the derby weekend? Looks like a lot of boats sitting in front. Oh ya and how’s the fishing been?

Commercial
Area D Gillnet – Open 8pm Tuesday Aug 29 to 12am Wednesday Aug 30 with a possible extension up to 5am
Wednesday Aug 30 from the Wolf Tower (Harbour Quay Clock Tower) to Hocking Point. Non-retention of Coho and
Sockeye.
Area B Seine – No fishery scheduled this week.

Hardy-har-har, everyone's a comedian! Lol I'm well aware that we're getting there late for prime time, especially for Chinook. That's just the way the vacation days worked out - August is my busiest month of the year at work so no major vacation during that time. Still, call me an optimist but I'm hoping there may be some stragglers around, or some coho. Worst case, I'll get to know the waters for next year. I've certainly read some reports of decent catches well into September, and the weather forecast looks pretty stellar. No big rains to raise the river yet. Wishful thinking? I guess we'll see...

Hardy-har-har, everyone's a comedian! Lol I'm well aware that we're getting there late for prime time, especially for Chinook. That's just the way the vacation days worked out - August is my busiest month of the year at work so no major vacation during that time. Still, call me an optimist but I'm hoping there may be some stragglers around, or some coho. Worst case, I'll get to know the waters for next year. I've certainly read some reports of decent catches well into September, and the weather forecast looks pretty stellar. No big rains to raise the river yet. Wishful thinking? I guess we'll see...
Make sure you’re out for first light, maybe even last light. They are very active then and quite shallow

Make sure you’re out for first light, maybe even last light. They are very active then and quite shallow
Yeah, that's one of the biggest things I am looking forward to fishing out of my own boat. My own schedule. Heading in for the 7pm rental boat curfew at Nootka hurts some nights. We're definitely not afraid of an early morning, and in September first light isn't even that early really.

We fished the derby and the one day fishing I side hooked into 11. All on anchovies. Most were 70 ft +. We fished 4 rods at 45 and 75 one side and the other 60 and 85. First light had hits at all depths, but after the first hour it seemed the deeper 2 were the hot ones.
Fished outside the other days and there were a ton of coho hitting at all depths and biting anything. Stamp falls cameras are showing lots of coho going up now so the inlet should have good numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back