Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much non existent inside as of yesterday. If there are some stacked up on the outside hopefully this rain brings some in but I think the reforecast of 750-800k was way to high and it should have stayed at 550. ? But who knows. Maybe another 200,000 sockeye are hanging out in Barkley right now waiting to come up..lol. Doubtful.

Pretty much non existent inside as of yesterday. If there are some stacked up on the outside hopefully this rain brings some in but I think the reforecast of 750-800k was way to high and it should have stayed at 550. ? But who knows. Maybe another 200,000 sockeye are hanging out in Barkley right now waiting to come up..lol. Doubtful.
Was out in Barkley for the weekend and there were boats getting socks in San Mateo both days. I passed them by on Saturday heading further out, but pulled in Sunday morning thinking they were on bait and then realized everyone was running 4 rods and trolling slow, then watched a couple get netted and saw some jumpers. Must still be some to come if they’re stacked up in catchable numbers that far out.

Edit: to be fair, i also figured they were done but the eternal optimist in me is always hoping for another go ‘round to bridge to the nooks.

IMG_3317.png

I believe the inlet is closed for everything for sporties from Bilton to Chup Pt.
Correct but the line from chup is drawn across to Hissin point, San Mateo is open.

Now why can't DFO come up with something as simple a color coding, maybe transparent, with catch limits for each new notice? Sure having coordinates are important but sometimes while fishing those little tiny numbers are hard to read especially if looking out for debris, whales, dumb boaters, fishing.... you get the idea. Not every new notice eliminates previous notices either. But something like this is so much easier to figure out, took me about 3 seconds to get the area. End of rant.

I see there is still socks going up the Sproat river camera's, just about a quarter of a million no numbers on Chinooks and still catching some in the test fishery.

I will be camping at Macktush Creek in mid August and will be bringing my small whaler to launch and not my big boat. Does anyone know if there are fish around Sproat Narrows? I wanted to take my 10 year old out and get him into a couple fish. Thanks in advance.

I will be camping at Macktush Creek in mid August and will be bringing my small whaler to launch and not my big boat. Does anyone know if there are fish around Sproat Narrows? I wanted to take my 10 year old out and get him into a couple fish. Thanks in advance.
There will be fish around. Buddy on the PA fishing buddies FB page said he got a 22&23lb there yesterday. See ya out there. Bring your chovies!

Perfect timing

You should be able to catch some Chinooks around that time! Caught this beauty August 18th last year just by China Creek. Good luck!
Perfect timing

Attachments

• 20220818_110423_HDR.jpg
    20220818_110423_HDR.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 101
You should be able to catch some Chinooks around that time! Caught this beauty August 18th last year just by China Creek. Good luck!
Appreciate that!

Just picked up 2 fish there. Not derby winners by any means but gooders for the BBQ. 8-10lb I guess. Your timing will be perfect. Got mine on green flasher, 6' leader, 5-6" anchovy.

Is there a derby on now?
There's a derby in bamfield now, ya. I'm staying home and fishing out of port now though. Would rather spend the $ on bait then spend the time and $ on running the inlet. Only need to run to franklin. Didn't see other boats with nets out but I wasn't paying much attention since I was fishing bait solo and into the wind lol. Will be back out tomorrow with my 80yo neighbor at the helm!

Looking for information on the boat launch at Secret Beach. How is the road in? Is it a decent launch and how about at a 2 foot tide? Also can you park vehicle and trailer there for a couple of days? Thanks in advance.

Looking for information on the boat launch at Secret Beach. How is the road in? Is it a decent launch and how about at a 2 foot tide? Also can you park vehicle and trailer there for a couple of days? Thanks in advance.
Roads good some washboard in spots no big potholes. 14km in. Down side new culverts from 5 km to 11 km 3inch +rock fill acrross the new culverts. We have gone 3 time this year and heading back on the 15th about 30-40 kmh seam good pace for us no troubles.
parking 10.00 perday launch 15.00 lots of parking . New ramp. Lots ramp and water at low tide you can book pay online or at office . criedit card only
65+ i belive is 5.00 a day parking :)

Last edited:
If you’re in the right spot for the bite you’ll see fish. Today was better than yesterday at China creek. Seal took 2 of ours so we headed up the canal a bit.
If anyone sees my fish with my flasher/teaser combo, I’d like it back.
Where did you get sealed at, the Narrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back